Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Lately, the marketplace is really souring me on selling/buying items via BGG.

My last two "sales" never received payment, never got a reply or message from the users involved. Additionally, I have clicked on an item for sale to have the user state they decided they should charge more for the it. I have clicked to buy 1 item that timed out due to the user never confirming the sale, and now I am about 3-4 days in on another item I tried to purchase that the user has not confirmed, but has been on BGG since the sale, and not responded to Geek Mail inquiring about the confirmation (this one has since worked out, thankfully, but that still leaves 3 market issues otherwise in the past few weeks).

The really frustrating thing for me, is that there seems to be no way to flag the users for non payment, or non-confirmation on a sale. It would be nice to be able to report and/or flag these users. Maybe it was just the mobile site that didn't allow me to flag the last user that didn't pay for an item they requested, but I could have sworn that option existed before (Normally though, I do transactions on my laptop/tablet hybrid so I get the full pc/web experience).

I tended to prefer using BGG for sales, for various reasons - one, the cut that goes to BGG to help support the site. Two, it is cheaper than Ebay. Of course, also because it just benefits the community for everyone to trade/sell amongst other gamers. If there isn't more safeguards though against issues, I may just move on to Ebay to have a more secure experience.

Sorry to rant about this, but hopefully either someone can point out a feature I'm missing to properly report these types of issues, and ensure that the user(s) are flagged so others don't end up in similar situations or can also vent their frustrations in hopes that some kind of system can be implemented here to make things a bit better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sounds like you just had some bad luck lately, not saying that it's right, only that most of my experiences have been positive on the marketplace.

I do feel like some users don't understand how it works, or don't really use BGG as much (a problem when you message them through Geek mail). Others just seem very, very laid back about timing etc., but on the whole most geeks have been quick with payment and are even friendly.

Hope you have better luck!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I hope that is just what is happening lately. I had excellent experiences prior to this year, never a bad transaction, so I guess I had just been REALLY lucky before...lol.

I could have sworn though, one time earlier in the year there was an option to mark someone/report for non payment or reply but the last time (on my phone, though) there was no option for that, just to cancel and relist the sale.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ronster Zero
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I personally never had any issues with buying or selling but it has been a long time since I have done this.

But there really does need to be some sort of flagging or tagging people who do not pay. If they agree to pay and then just don't respond, that is not right and BGG needs to address that IMO.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I did find out how to at least leave negative feedback with a comment for non payments, so that's at least something. Be nice though if someone gets marked for things like this, the system could block future market and/or site privileges.

I have noticed a LOT of old marketplace listings though. It would be beneficial I think, to have a time limit on a marketplace listing so that an item expires after a few months (allowing the user to re-add if wanted).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valencia Victorious Von Verrata is the
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Cursed be and eternally damned those who would steal the games of the wizardinwhite
mbmbmbmbmb
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:
I did find out how to at least leave negative feedback with a comment for non payments, so that's at least something. Be nice though if someone gets marked for things like this, the system could block future market and/or site privileges.

I have noticed a LOT of old marketplace listings though. It would be beneficial I think, to have a time limit on a marketplace listing so that an item expires after a few months (allowing the user to re-add if wanted).

Could you explain how to leave flagging for non-payees? I'd really love to know! As well, I've never left feedback about sellers. I've had 3 amazing ones so far and I really think that other users should know!

Perhaps suggesting this in the "Suggestions for BGG" list will be successful, as long as it is?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared
United States
Telford
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
I do think the Pending Feedback could be more accessible, visible, intuitive. I remember it took me some navigating to find it the first time.

The same can be said for trade feedback, although it's slightly better.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Hartman
United States
Roseville
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
wizardinwhite wrote:
FunkyFlyChicken wrote:

Could you explain how to leave flagging for non-payees? I'd really love to know! As well, I've never left feedback about sellers. I've had 3 amazing ones so far and I really think that other users should know!

Perhaps suggesting this in the "Suggestions for BGG" list will be successful, as long as it is?

If you go to the Geek Market dashboard, on the left hand menu towards the bottom is a FEEDBACK option. If you click that, you can give feedback. The cancelled transaction was there, so I was able to leave a negative feedback for the user who never paid or responded. Hope that helps!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Valencia Victorious Von Verrata is the
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
Cursed be and eternally damned those who would steal the games of the wizardinwhite
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks Bill!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.