Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Darkrock Ventures» Forums » Rules

Subject: Can I let the worker waiting at the solar array for more than 3 rounds? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
AY Ronny
Hong Kong
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can I just leave the worker staying at the last square of the Solar Array? Or I must claim the 3 solar energy cubes as soon as my worker is at the last square of the Solar Array?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Klaus Scharpf
United States
West Covina
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can stay there as long as you like.
It is even pointed out in the rules as a strategy in case there are less than 3 available: Wait until someone else exported solar energy, and then go for it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Stedman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
OVERWORLD Launches on Kickstarter July 13, 2017!
badge
Magic Meeple...the boardgame people! MagicMeepleGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausScharpf wrote:
It is even pointed out in the rules as a strategy in case there are less than 3 available: Wait until someone else exported solar energy, and then go for it.

This is correct. At that point the question becomes, do I waste another turn leaving my worker there or do I take less than three right now?

Thanks! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
KlausScharpf wrote:

This really should be added to the FAQ. I reread the "Solar Array" section after reading this, and I still didn't see the "strategy" part about leaving a person there. The rules appeared to be pretty cut and dry about choosing one of the following: A. Collect OR B. Charge.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jarad Bond
United States
Anchorage
Alaska
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kiloforce wrote:
KlausScharpf wrote:

This really should be added to the FAQ. I reread the "Solar Array" section after reading this, and I still didn't see the "strategy" part about leaving a person there. The rules appeared to be pretty cut and dry about choosing one of the following: A. Collect OR B. Charge.

or:

C. Optionally not activate the station.

But yeah, it wouldn't hurt to add it to the FAQ.

Rulebook, page 9:
When you resolve a Crewmember, remove it from its current Station and return it to your Ship. Activating the effect of any Station when resolving a Crewmember is optional, but you must return it to your Ship regardless of whether or not you activated the Station’s effect (unless it is on the Solar Array track).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kilo Force
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
I play with Red
badge
I play with Red
mbmbmbmbmb
logris wrote:
Rulebook, page 9:
When you resolve a Crewmember, remove it from its current Station and return it to your Ship. Activating the effect of any Station when resolving a Crewmember is optional, but you must return it to your Ship regardless of whether or not you activated the Station’s effect (unless it is on the Solar Array track).

Wow, yeah, I see the fine print now. It would have been helpful to have that note in the Solar Array section. FAQ would be super helpful on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.