Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Amaar M
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Recently discovered this game and it looks awesome! My main gaming group is just me and wife, however I also go to local meetups once in a while. I was wondering if anyone has any thoughts on purchasing this as a two-player game.

I can pre-order this for $70 and I'm seeing it for 80+ elsewhere. Wondering if I should jump on it or hold out. (Canadian here)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jamie Allard
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think that this game would hold up as a two player game but I have heard that it scales up very well.

I am Canadian too, where are you buying it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Beaudoin
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

You might lose a bit of interaction as less players reduces the possible number of neighbors that can react to your pillaging. You can't have three way fights.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Reese
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
So I picked this up at gencon, I've played it three times so far, two 4 player games and one 2 player game. I'm the type of person who enjoys playing with a group, but this game felt really fun with two. It scales pretty well by making you remove more locations and cards from the start. I'm not a big fan of area control, but it works really well here even with two.
There's plenty of strategy to win than just by destroying the other player and owning the board.
Also alittle less table space is taken up in a two player game, which I'm always a fan of.
I really enjoy this game and an super glad I got a copy at gencon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johnny Reese
United States
Ohio
flag msg tools
It is true like the others have mentioned, you do obviously lose a bit of the interaction with the lower player count, but it does make things more tense. And like I said before, the less areas you start with from the beginning, so it's still a tight area for two

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon H
United States
Indiana
flag msg tools
mb
Two player version of the game can be fun. Make sure you remove the cards as directed (3+ and 4 player markings on the cards) and start with 3 destroyed areas. This will limit your adjacency options when it comes to opposing a pillage but it makes keeping someone at Yggdrasil (center position, sp?)more important than ever.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience you lose something with the two player game. Hard to explain. In my opinion that clan interaction is what makes this game so fun. They do a good job of making the game tighter at 2 players as mentioned but I would say there are other two player games I would go to before pulling this one out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Amaar M
Canada
Milton
Ontario
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks for the input! Such a tough decision to make because the game looks beautiful. I think I might crack and pre-order it. For anyone looking the game is on pre-order at Quiche Games for 69.95 which is pretty good for a CMON new release.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard B
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
www.nine2fivestudios.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played my first game of Blood Rage last night and it was 2 player.

It is very tight and very punishing. I was nervous when I picked up the game at GENCON that it was all hype and fluff. I'm glad I was wrong. There are layers upon layers of strategy. I can see how each player count could play very different while having all of the same content.

If one player is much better at strategy than the other player, it will be a run away game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Dewald
United States
Kansas City
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simland wrote:
If one player is much better at strategy than the other player, it will be a run away game.

This was my experience at 2-player.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls