6 Posts

Mistfall» Forums » General

Subject: solo with 1 hero rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi, I was wondering how many of the backers who already have received their copy of the game have tried it solo with 1 hero? If so, how did it go for you? How long did the game take? Did it seem to work out well and was fun? I am interested in any and all comments.

Thanks and have a great day!

Michael

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick Klein
msg tools
I played my first 2 games of Mistfall with 4 and 2 people and tried Hareag the Frost Mage. After the games I felt i did not contribute as much as i'd liked to with Hareag so i tried him in a solo adventure to get a better undestanding of him. I played the first Mission "Into the Wilds" 3 times and lost all of them. I didn't even reach the Final Tile once. Im not sure if i played him wrong, but i have no chance beating an encounter with 3 enemys + reinforcement. At best i can kill 2 enemys in 1 round (and that is hard enough to archive), but when i use up all my cards and the restoration after the encounter is not enough to fight with full force at the next encounter. Did anyone tried a solo Mission with Hareag and succeded ? Would be nice to get some advice

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I played this game solo a few times and a few times with more players. So far I won most of my games. At least those, where I got the rules right.

However I think the Ice Mage is one of the more tricky characters and I haven't played him yet in a solo game. However I would recommend the shieldbearer and maybe the Paladin (I haven't actually tried her in a solo game yet) for the first solo games, especially if you don't really know all the rules.

A few finer rule details can be pretty important for being successfull, such as:

-) In the round as soon as the encounter ends and there is no enemy in play, you enter the resting phase of the round, meaning you don't need another round to rest for the first time after the encounter.

-) When relocating you can choose to pay 1 resolve to go to any location that is reachable via cleared locations.
This effectivly means in the round after you won the encounter you can pay 1 resolve to go back to the starting tile and rest there. Then the next round you can choose to pay 1 resolve again to go all the way back and enter an unrevealed location.

This means you can easily recover ~8cards after an encounter, if you choose to rest for another round and pay the resolve.

-) When you need to bury cards as a result of HP loss, you can also bury cards from your discardpile.

I played all these things wrong and was losing constantly. After knowing these things I never lost so far.

a general tip: Advanced feats go directly to your hand and can be played instantly as soon as they are bought. This enables you to have more than 5 cards on your hand and gives you an instant power-boost. Don't be afraid to buy them!

bonus: If you feel like the timetrack is moving too fast, discard the 2nd and 3rd "the mists are relentless" timecards when you draw them and draw a new timecard instead.

bonus 2: There are kickstarter hardcore time-cards that always show a "II" at the end of the title. Don't mix them into the timedeck from the get go.

playing time was ~2 hours including setup and tear-downs of my first sologames. I think now that I know the rules it scratches the 90min mark.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wulung chuanfa
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for all the information and tips. Looking forward to my copy arriving!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pascal Van Vlaenderen
Belgium
Lissewege
Belgie
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I played it several times with different and I won a couple of times as well, tbose were with:
- venda
- crow
- healer, aredei ( not sure about the name)

It's certainly doable, but indeed the Frost Mage is hard. He has some abilities which makes him better at targetting bigger groups, so playing with more hero's might be better for him

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Julian Slater
United Kingdom
Liskeard
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played solo with most of the heroes.

My main tip would be to know your heroes cards inside out. I actauly try dummy fights with the heroes against some enemies just to check out how the cards work and how efective they are. This was a great way of finding out if you like that type of hero and what his/hers strenghts and weakness are.

Fengray deals a lot of damage and can take a fair amount too. I learnt with him and he is a great way to start, also his cards are pretty basic and easy to understand.
I like the Cleric Arani and have probably achieved more wins with her than any other hero, mainly due too her healing cards and her restoration bonus.

One thing I would say which has been mentioned here before, I always tend to buy advanced feats staright away,as cards go straight into your hand to bolster your hand/deck/life even if they are for the cost of 1 resolve and you think you want to wait to gather more resolve for that big hitting card so dont forget about the 1 resolve cost cards, they can help a lot.

hope that helps
jules
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls