Forbidden Stars» Forums » Rules

Subject: Bastion vs Lure of Chaos rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luiz Henrique
Brazil
flag msg tools
mb
Just a fast question...a person with only a bastion defending can choose the rout and gain 1 die efect of Lure of Chaos even if the bastion can't be rout?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Booth
United States
Cary
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Nope. Not a legal move.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom W -
United States
West Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmb
Note this nasty outcome also works like that when the space marines play that card where they CANT be routed - guaranteeing you will get your free cultist or iconoclast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Björn
Germany
Herne
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are you sure?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafal Kalota
Poland
Sopot
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"rout unit to gain die"
Can't rout unit -> can't gain die.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
Italy
Trieste
flag msg tools
Yes, I like puns. Also, my user name was inspired by Paul McCartney's song "Live and let die".
badge
«Sag deinem Hauptmann: vor Ihro Kaiserliche Majestät hab ich, wie immer schuldigen Respekt. Er aber, sag's ihm, er kann mich im Arsch lecken!»
mbmbmbmbmb
sirafin wrote:
"rout unit to gain die"
Nope.

I can't find the exact quote right now but I read it recently, and it was Samuel Bailey himself who confirmed that if e.g. the SM play Show no fear ("Your units can't be routed during this execution round") and Chaos plays Lure of Chaos, the SM player can choose one of his units and thus gain a die... but that unit won't be routed, as per his card none of his units can be routed that round!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nait Parks
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Live and let dice wrote:
sirafin wrote:
"rout unit to gain die"
Nope.

I can't find the exact quote right now but I read it recently, and it was Samuel Bailey himself who confirmed that if e.g. the SM play Show no fear ("Your units can't be routed during this execution round") and Chaos plays Lure of Chaos, the SM player can choose one of his units and thus gain a die... but that unit won't be routed, as per his card none of his units can be routed that round!

I think this is the thread you're referring to: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1884266/what-would-happen-i...

In this case, the question is about a lone Bastion versus Lure of Chaos. Rules reference page 3 says, "Bastions are not units and therefore cannot be targeted by effects that refer to units."

So, I think the answer is that the player controlling the Bastion has no units and therefore can't select the option to choose a unit. So, they can't take an extra die, and the Chaos player gets the benefit of Lure of Chaos.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael B
Italy
Trieste
flag msg tools
Yes, I like puns. Also, my user name was inspired by Paul McCartney's song "Live and let die".
badge
«Sag deinem Hauptmann: vor Ihro Kaiserliche Majestät hab ich, wie immer schuldigen Respekt. Er aber, sag's ihm, er kann mich im Arsch lecken!»
mbmbmbmbmb
nait wrote:
I think this is the thread you're referring to: https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1884266/what-would-happen-i...

In this case, the question is about a lone Bastion versus Lure of Chaos. Rules reference page 3 says, "Bastions are not units and therefore cannot be targeted by effects that refer to units."

So, I think the answer is that the player controlling the Bastion has no units and therefore can't select the option to choose a unit. So, they can't take an extra die, and the Chaos player gets the benefit of Lure of Chaos.
Yes, that was the thread I had in mind - thank you.

I also realize that I was subconsciously replying to Tom W (rather than Rafał) who wrote that the same thing would happen if the SM played a card that negated routs (such as "Show no Fear"). In that case Chaos would not gain a free cultist.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls