Hide
6 Posts

The X-Files» Forums » Rules

Subject: Men In Black and Agent Deep Throat Ally Card rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve Fewell
msg tools
The Deep Throat Ally Card has Skill = Political, when this card is played, if the region has a Men In Black syndicate card attached, can the Syndicate Player play this card and instantly remove the Ally card, or does the Men In Black card only relate to investigation points and not other Agent Card activity?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can't used Men in Black against Deep Throat. The card Men in Black must be face down on the board attached to an X-File. It is only when a political investigation card is used on the attached X-File that the syndicate player can then pay for a reveal Men in Black to cancel that investigation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fewell
msg tools
Thanks Neil.

I mean having the Men In Black card face-down on the X-File, and then an agent plays the Deep Throat card during the solving of that X-file. But as Deep Throat is not an investigation card (no investigation points) is cannot be counteracted upon by the Men In Black card!

Kranser.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kranser wrote:
But as Deep Throat is not an investigation card (no investigation points) is cannot be counteracted upon by the Men In Black card!

Just want to add for clarity (sorry if this is obvious, just wanting to make sure anyone else reading this understands): Syndicate cards can ONLY be used against Agent cards that have an affect on the X-File card they are attached to.

For example if Men in Black is attached to an X-File in the West region, and a political investigation is played on the X-File in the West, the Syndicate player can pay the influence to reveal Men in Black and cancel that investigation.

However, if Men in Black is attached to an X-File in the West and a political investigation is played on an X-File in the Midwest, the Syndicate player does not have the option to reveal Men in Black to cancel this investigation(but can reveal any Syndicate cards attached to the X-File in the Midwest, assuming their conditions are met).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Fewell
msg tools
Neil - I get that you cannot play a card attached to one region when an agent acts on another region's x-file, but in my example the Deep Throat card would be played on the current regions x-file (as part of the agent's normal turn). But as this card would immediately become the Ally card, and have no direct effect on the actual x-file case; what you are saying is that there is no possibility to cancel it with Men in Black card! Makes sense I guess.

Kranser.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Logan
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kranser wrote:
but in my example the Deep Throat card would be played on the current regions x-file

I think this is where the confusion is. An Ally card is played and put in the Ally space on the board. It's not played "on" or targeting a specific X-File. The reason for the "Politics" symbol on Deep Throat is to determine how much influence it costs, depending on which Agent is playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.