Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
9 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Odin's Inspiration question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, so first of all, I LOVE this game. I'm not suggesting this card is overpowered, however, both of the two games I've played, the person with this card won by a large margin, so I want to make sure I'm understanding it correctly. It states:

"Double your glory award for dying during Ragnarök".

Just as an example, if the player who held this card was able to fill a 4 village province that was due to be destroyed during Ragnarök, they would receive 24 glory just for those 4 figures, correct? (4 figures multiplied by 3 glory in the second age equals 12 glory. Double that, and you get 24). Using this same example, in the third age, you'd get 32 glory just for those figures, correct? If this is the correct reading, then it's pretty imperative that the opposing players make sure that the holder of Odin's Inspiration does not get a stranglehold on the province next to be destroyed. I'm wondering if there's another single card that can potentially lead to 56 points alone over two ages? Of course, I could be misunderstanding it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Kingery
United States
Huntington Beach
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It is nasty and you mentioned your solution. Don't let any one player occupy an area up for destruction.

The other one is the 5 Glory Points pillage token. Make sure you can contest it every age. Otherwise you are handing 15 Glory Points to a single player.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James

Brooklyn Park
Minnesota
msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
U want nasty... Pair it with the favor that gives insane glory of your ship is destroyed....
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ok, good to know that we're at least we're playing the card correctly. Did I mention that I love this game? I've given it a ranking of 10 after the first two plays. Game of the year so far, and in my top 3 of all time.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Belmer
United States
Chesterfield
Missouri
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
That card is indeed good, but a lot of the cards if not most of them are good and powerful. If you have all of your guys in one spot for Ragnarok you're asking for a late turn monster to wipe them all out.

Also if you're busy in Ragnarok I'll be off pillaging and questing.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard B
United States
St. Paul
Minnesota
flag msg tools
www.nine2fivestudios.com
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is a counter to everything. And a counter to every counter. And battle cards to counter my counter to your counter. I do love this game as well.

If they are losing a bunch of units every age to get 20-30 glory. I'll happily Pillage Yggdrasil without contest.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
simland wrote:
There is a counter to everything. And a counter to every counter. And battle cards to counter my counter to your counter. I do love this game as well.

If they are losing a bunch of units every age to get 20-30 glory. I'll happily Pillage Yggdrasil without contest.

I guess you're talking about a 2 player game in that case?

There's usually one player going suicidal, you could technically ignore him, but other players aren't going to let you run away with Yggdrasil.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
Just as an example, if the player who held this card was able to fill a 4 village province that was due to be destroyed during Ragnarök, they would receive 24 glory just for those 4 figures, correct? (4 figures multiplied by 3 glory in the second age equals 12 glory. Double that, and you get 24). Using this same example, in the third age, you'd get 32 glory just for those figures, correct? If this is the correct reading, then it's pretty imperative that the opposing players make sure that the holder of Odin's Inspiration does not get a stranglehold on the province next to be destroyed.

I'm wondering if there's another single card that can potentially lead to 56 points alone over two ages? Of course, I could be misunderstanding it. Any input would be greatly appreciated.
Well all I can say is that if you let one player with that card completely occupy the ragnarok province for two turns in succession, you are doing something wrong!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan - FOR THE GLORY!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Rocky123 wrote:
U want nasty... Pair it with the favor that gives insane glory of your ship is destroyed....
Sometimes you get lucky with cards you draw.

Also dragons + Frigga's Domain (invade from Valhalla) = a very nice combination. You just put your ship in a fjord adjacent to any unpillaged area and re-invade as soon as it is destroyed - for 12 glory. One more time if you finally re-invade the fjord that will be hit by Ragnarok for a max of 4 times 12 = 48 glory + 4 (destroyed by Ragnarok) = 52 glory in age 3. Combine with that battle card that lets you steal glory or rage or your opponent's battle cards and you have a very interesting combo. Or if you also have the Sea Serpent.

Odin's Inspiration + Fenrir is another good combination as you basically can pick your own Ragnarok province. Usually I invade with Fenrir at the end of the age and put him in the middle of the area where I have the most figures. Not only do you max your glory, you also prevent your opponents from getting glory.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls