Popular Tags: [View All]
David
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
MMP was at the WBC, and I asked them about Warriors of Japan. They said it is (I believe) number two in their production queue now, and that we should see it before the end of the year.

Obviously, this is hearsay based on what I understood them to be saying - I am not affiliated with MMP, cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information, etc. But the guy I spoke to sure sounded definite!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
W. Biazzo
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
If I die before "Warriors of Japan" is released, can I pass my preorder to my heirs?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Perry Cocke
United States
Baltimore
Maryland
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
MMP was at the WBC, and I asked them about Warriors of Japan. They said it is (I believe) number two in their production queue now, and that we should see it before the end of the year.

Obviously, this is hearsay based on what I understood them to be saying - I am not affiliated with MMP, cannot guarantee the accuracy of this information, etc. But the guy I spoke to sure sounded definite!

I can vouch for the accuracy of the statement.

Barring some intervening crisis, out this fall.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
Si non potes reperire Berolini in tabula, ludens essetis non WIF.
badge
Hey, get your stinking cursor off my face! I got nukes, you know.
mbmbmbmbmb
perrycocke wrote:
AmadanNaBriona wrote:

I can vouch for the accuracy of the statement.

Barring some intervening crisis, out this fall.

Now that's good news!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
and WARRIORS OF GOD?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:

That's the best news I've heard in a long time!

I caught a glimpse of the board and counters next to some Advanced Squad Leader products photographed in another forum. It is all pretty much what we see pictured here in the BGG forum. So, no further changes to the art that I could see form the limited "peek" that I got.

It will definitely be added to my game collection.

EDIT:

I saw a better picture of the counters and I have to say I was greatly mistaken. The Japanese has been removed from the counters which is a bad move. I don't care for the look of the counters at all now ...I can even go as far as to say that I hate them now. The only good thing is that the Japanese names appear instead of Western names. I preferred the previous images rather than taking famous wood block prints of actual samurai and renaming them for game purposes.

I think there is actually nothing left that is Japanese other than the North, South, East, West characters that I believe are still on the map.

I think I will still buy it but...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kong
Hong Kong
flag msg tools

WONDERFUL NEWS! thumbsupthumbsupthumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CJ
United Kingdom
Colchester
flag msg tools
badge
mb
wifwendell wrote:
Now that's good news!

Your nefarious scheme is nearing its climax.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Workman
United States
Phoenix
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If it's true they've removed the Japanese, then that is greatly disappointing. I was looking forward to that.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
I'll believe when it's available.
I'll buy when money is available.

Unfortunately, it sounds like those won't be happening at the same time, but at this point it's a shocking revelation to hear it's going to materialize at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
AmadanNaBriona wrote:
They said it is (I believe) number two in their production queue now

What's number one? Please say Yanks. I know it's not, but c'mon...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Pomeroy
United States
Chester Springs
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
SWEET!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
It is at 550/560, so I guess that is close enough.

It looks like the game before it is: The Greatest Day: Sword, Juno, and Gold GTS04. 772/575

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Any Luggage Sir? - No, just this carrion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Can this really be so? After (what will be) 6 years of waiting? cry

I had stopped checking on this game...

It better be good

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Very pleased. 552/560...Just print it anyway!

I'm sure you'll sell the other 8 copies lol

meeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Troutman
United States
Bowie
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Any Luggage Sir? - No, just this carrion.
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like it's down to 551 now. OK, who bailed?angry

But seriously, it looks as though it might very well make 560 by the time MMP actually publishes it(!).

Then it will sell out in a New York Minute and people will begin clamoring for a reprint and MMP will wonder why they didn't push it out the door sooner.

Possibly...whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
phormio wrote:

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Wendell? lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
demondude777 wrote:
phormio wrote:

Wouldn't it be ironic if it was Wendell? lol

That would be VERY ironic. But - I didn't bail!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Schwieger
United States
Eugene
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry guys. I bailed. I'm very glad it's getting printed, but the change in art direction was a huge shock for me: not to my taste at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
LautreSault
Portugal
Porto
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HannibalUltor wrote:
Sorry guys. I bailed. I'm very glad it's getting printed, but the change in art direction was a huge shock for me: not to my taste at all.

Indeed, it's horrible. I just hope they didn't do the same with the game-play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
HannibalUltor wrote:

Although I prefer reserving judgement until seeing the final, physical product... the images posted here aren't encouraging.

The simplicity of the old artwork was appealing to me, and having something that would visually compliment my existing copy of Warriors of God: The Wars of England & France, 1135-1453 would have been great. Instead they took a very different approach for the box art and made the map much busier than early drafts suggested it might be.

Nicolás Eskubi does great work; this doesn't look like his best (in my humble opinion).

----

That said, art didn't directly affect my buying decision. I had bailed earlier based on costs to get the game into Canada. Between shipping and exchange rates, the cost of preordering the game to Canada is $75, maybe more if it gets tagged for duty or import fees. I'm interested in the game, but am certain it will be cheaper for me to buy locally after release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Francis
Japan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
HannibalUltor wrote:

I can't say I disagree with you.

It is a shame because most of the pre-orders were made based on the original artwork. Then, to boost the appeal (or whatever) of the game, they changed everything. So, I imagine a lot of people are saying "that's not the game I wanted."

While I do appreciate that some of the changes reflect the comments I have seen in the forums, it appears to me that everything that was removed from the game were things that nobody complained about. For example: the simple counter design, the Japanese text, the artwork. I can't understand why these changes were made. Those were the things that I really liked.

Should I spend money on something I don't really feel good about? I can only hope this is not the final version ...but that seems a bit optimistic.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Norris
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
...and J-Pop too!!!!
badge
Raina rocks!!!!!
mbmbmbmbmb
Just checked it and we are now at 549/560.

Ummm.....isn't that the wrong way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
Boardgame Aesthete
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't think single-digit fluctuations are anything to worry about.

I'm sure MMP would get more preorders with a little publicity, though...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wendell
United States
Yellow Springs
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It may also be that some who pre-ordered many years ago outside of the US are re-considering, now that the game appears on the verge of being printed/charged, because of the changes in shipping costs (EU) and/or the exchange rate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |