mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
When you defeat badger you take supply cards equal to the number of supplies he stole. Where do the dice go?

When you score excess supplies after defeating all foes, where do the dice go?

Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ant Lab Games
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great question!

I've been leaving the supply dice in the badger box and then re-rolling them if I keep flying. The rules do not specify what to do with these but since they are not considered "KO'd"...

Would love some clarity on this as well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
labaran wrote:
Great question!

I've been leaving the supply dice in the badger box and then re-rolling them if I keep flying. The rules do not specify what to do with these but since they are not considered "KO'd"...

Would love some clarity on this as well.

Honestly, I could believe it works either way.

I'd actually think dice taken by Badger should be lost because as is Badger doesn't hurt you very much at all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have to apologize about this as the rules didn't clarify this well at all even after the editing process.

Supplies locked by badger are placed into serenity when he is defeated. Since they are supplies they can't be used to deal damage to anyone so they sit there until the end of your turn and if you choose to keep flyin' then you reroll them with all other dice in serenity.

If you have supplies in the supply area, not locked by Badger, then those are scored at the end of your turn, after all Foes are defeated and then moved to Serentity. Again, if you choose to keep flyin' then you can reroll them.

Hope that helps.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
I have to apologize about this as the rules didn't clarify this well at all even after the editing process.

Supplies locked by badger are placed into serenity when he is defeated. Since they are supplies they can't be used to deal damage to anyone so they sit there until the end of your turn and if you choose to keep flyin' then you reroll them with all other dice in serenity.

If you have supplies in the supply area, not locked by Badger, then those are scored at the end of your turn, after all Foes are defeated and then moved to Serentity. Again, if you choose to keep flyin' then you can reroll them.

Hope that helps.

So the ideal roll is lots of badgers every turn as he is an enemy who doesn't harm you in any way?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So if I defeat Badger, I collect the bounty and the Supplies go back into the ship.

At the end of my turn I collect all the supplies in the ship. The ones I rolled and Badger did not get plus the ones I got back from defeating Badger.

Do I have it right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChiVenger wrote:
So if I defeat Badger, I collect the bounty and the Supplies go back into the ship.

At the end of my turn I collect all the supplies in the ship. The ones I rolled and Badger did not get plus the ones I got back from defeating Badger.

Do I have it right?

I doubt it. You've already scored the supply dice that were locked when you defeat Badger. You only score the supply dice that were left over, if any. At least that's the way I understand it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terrence Miltner

Illinois
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was my understanding. When Scott said they were "placed in Serenity" I thought I had something wrong.

So we collect the supplies when we defeat Badger. The leftovers he didn't take are put in the at risk pile. Now I am remembering it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Toxziq wrote:

Hope that helps.

So the ideal roll is lots of badgers every turn as he is an enemy who doesn't harm you in any way?

Potentially, but in theory, yes. Each roll's "value" is dependent on the occurrences in the game though.

Me personally, I prefer Badger's first, One Saffron (hopefully no more) and then Niska
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott "Tox" Morris
United States
Georgetown
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:

Do I have it right?

I doubt it. You've already scored the supply dice that were locked when you defeat Badger. You only score the supply dice that were left over, if any. At least that's the way I understand it.

Right supplies that Badger captures are scored immediately upon defeating him. Any supplies in the supply area are scored only when you defeat all the foes rolled this turn.

All supplies, badger captured and secured, or secured through the supply area, are able to rerolled as well, if you choose to keep flyin'
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:

Do I have it right?

Right supplies that Badger captures are scored immediately upon defeating him. Any supplies in the supply area are scored only when you defeat all the foes rolled this turn.

All supplies, badger captured and secured, or secured through the supply area, are able to rerolled as well, if you choose to keep flyin'

And isn't it correct that unlike money, you score supplies right away? In other words, they don't go into the "at risk" pile, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:

Do I have it right?

And isn't it correct that unlike money, you score supplies right away? In other words, they don't go into the "at risk" pile, correct?

I think technically they go in the at risk pile despite not actually being at risk.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Toxziq wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Toxziq wrote:

Hope that helps.

Potentially, but in theory, yes. Each roll's "value" is dependent on the occurrences in the game though.

Me personally, I prefer Badger's first, One Saffron (hopefully no more) and then Niska

It seems ideal to have 3 badge, 1 saffron and 1 niska. And to use your 4 different outlaw ability to defeat niska before harm can be done. niska is the only one that really hurts your long term ability to fly on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mfl134 wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:

Do I have it right?

I think technically they go in the at risk pile despite not actually being at risk.

I'm not sure I understand why this would be the case. Maybe Scott will chime in with an official ruling.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sizzla wrote:
mfl134 wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
Toxziq wrote:
Sizzla wrote:
ChiVenger wrote:

Do I have it right?

I'm not sure I understand why this would be the case. Maybe Scott will chime in with an official ruling.

They definitely aren't at risk, but I think you keep them visible until the end of the mission. Makes sense for keeping track of how others are doing as you can see how well there mission went without having to remember how many supplies they took.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike DiLisio
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That makes sense. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kris Gould
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
So if this is right, it is much better to have Badger steal your supplies than to keep them in the supplies area. Because to score the supplies that Badger stole, you only have to defeat Badger. To score the supplies in the Supplies area, you have to defeat all three foes.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.