Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The War Chief
United States
Parkville
Maryland
flag msg tools
designer
BRING ME THE HEAD OF SETH NEMEC AND RIK FALCH!!!!!!
badge
In Memorial: Moose, my dog. B:? D:01/13/16. He died peacefully surrounded by those who loved him. You will be missed.
mbmbmbmbmb
...will this be another case of Hasbro "abandonware" like Battleship Galaxies?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thayne Weston
United States
Nibley
Utah
flag msg tools
The die has been cast- Julius Caesar
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This link is to a video from gencon, where the interviewer is talking to a rep from hasbro.

First wave of expansion come out in January, and news should be released at the end of August about that.

Also, he mentions the expansions will not be blind packs ( close to 3/4 through)

http://thegaminggang.com/game-news/gen-con-2015-first-look-a...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Rosenquist
United States
Dallas
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Springheeledjack wrote:
...will this be another case of Hasbro "abandonware" like Battleship Galaxies?

I mean, none of us can honestly say we know the answer to this question at this point. It depends on a number of factors, the highest being sales, right? If it sells well, and is considered a success and makes Hasbro money, they'll make expansions. Right now, expansions are planned and in the works. If it doesn't sell well, it will probably be discontinued. Those of us who bought it, let's hope for the best. But either way, if we like the game, let's enjoy what we have!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
arrrh For now, as I've said elsewhere, I consider it an add-on for Heroscape, and will Port it into Scape when I get it next week. That way, I can't lose, whatever happens, and Hasbro makes some money off me too--so maybe they'll make those expansions in January!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rog B
United Kingdom
Manchester
Stockport
flag msg tools
mbmb
feels a little premature considering its not even fully out yet (outside US). Hurry up hasbro europe!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Taylor
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb

Still waiting for it in Australia too. I have pre-ordered and am eagerly awaiting arrival.

We have Target stores here but they did not stock it like the U.S. did. cry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Pasmeny
Canada
St. Albert
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
It is good to hear that they are going to support the game with expansions....I just wish that they listed a bit of a peek behind the curtain and at least allude to what to expect for expansions.

Well there be terrain, cards, figures...I think being a bit more transparent with the plans would be encouraging to players looking at what they've truly planned for the system.

That being said...January isn't that far away and I can be patient until then.

meeplemeeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Matecha
United States
Florence
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I sincerely hope Hasbro just releases the expansions without waiting for sales numbers to reach their mark. It WILL reach the mark IF they support it with expansions.

I just picked up a few copies from Walmart in PA and my first play was a fun close game!
It's like Heroscape IGO UGO single army card activation minus order markers plus a small 12-card deck of MTG cards and less terrain that plays in half the time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls