The Republic of Rome» Forums » Rules

Subject: Several questions about the ruels rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Rather than opening up a heap of new threads (sorry about that), it's easier to post questions simply like this.

Thanks to anyone if they can clear this up:

1. When a Senator dies, everything is wiped clean (including all cash)?

2. Statesmen takeover all Talents when placed over an appropriate Senator card?

3. I am a little fuzzy on the rules regarding Statesman deployment; what happens when a Senator card enters the forum? Is it automatically persuaded to join?

3. Can someone give an example of a Minor Motion?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral Zheng He
United States
South Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
1. Yes, except faction marker if present
2. Yes
3. Unclear about the meaning of this one? You mean you hold, say, #1A and #1 appears in the Forum? Yes, place #1 under #1A immediately.
4? There was a long thread about this in this forum already. Try to find that one. It's not worth rehashing it all again.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heli wrote:
1. Yes, except faction marker if present
2. Yes
3. Unclear about the meaning of this one? You mean you hold, say, #1A and #1 appears in the Forum? Yes, place #1 under #1A immediately.
4? There was a long thread about this in this forum already. Try to find that one. It's not worth rehashing it all again.

Thanks!

Sure, I see the thread, and it is void of any example of a (no house rule, naturally) Minor Motion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral Zheng He
United States
South Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1366748/minor-motions
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Atanasije Stojkovic
Serbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
heli wrote:

Yes, that's the thread I meant when I said I noticed it. It just mentions if playing with unofficial rules.

I have two more questions that are not quite clear to me:

1) If I understand everything well, there is only one single round of bidding for the remaining initiatives? And there are unlimited rounds for bribing in Persuasion Attempts?

2) In the case of a Rebel Dictator and Rebel Master of Horse, what happens when the victory is not won and the Civil War goes into the next turn? The Dictator+Master of Horse mashup is the only exception to the single commander rule, so normally I'd assume the Master of Horse becomes an ordinary secondary rebel (and stops contributing his martial skill).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Admiral Zheng He
United States
South Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
heli wrote:

Yes, that's the thread I meant when I said I noticed it. It just mentions if playing with unofficial rules.

I have two more questions that are not quite clear to me:

1) If I understand everything well, there is only one single round of bidding for the remaining initiatives? And there are unlimited rounds for bribing in Persuasion Attempts?

2) In the case of a Rebel Dictator and Rebel Master of Horse, what happens when the victory is not won and the Civil War goes into the next turn? The Dictator+Master of Horse mashup is the only exception to the single commander rule, so normally I'd assume the Master of Horse becomes an ordinary secondary rebel (and stops contributing his martial skill).

Minor motions are an unimportant facet so if that thread was too confusing I suggest you omit the rule until you have played more, after which it will become clearer.

1) Yes and yes
2) I suspect that VG changed the rules on this so I will let someone else reply.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Horne
United States
Whitehall
Michigan
flag msg tools
Mr. Axle can do all for you.
badge
Apologize again!
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:
Rather than opening up a heap of new threads (sorry about that), it's easier to post questions simply like this.
No worries. Answering rules questions is the purpose of this forum. I think it's more helpful to future searchers if each thread is about one topic. The title of this thread does not tell a searcher what the topic is, so I think your previous method was better.

Minor Motions are strictly for role-playing purposes. They have no game effect.

Sargeras777 wrote:
A slight clarification on heli's answer: For Persuasions, the rounds are unlimited if the Persuading player keeps increasing his bribe, but he can end it when it's his turn by accepting the current odds. Once he is satisfied (or gives it up as a lost cause), no one else can increase counter-bribes.

Sargeras777 wrote:
No, the former Master of Horse continues to add his Military to that of the Primary Rebel for as long as they are both alive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tom cap
France
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:

1. When a Senator dies, everything is wiped clean (including all cash)?

And if I may add:
If it's your faction leader, you get to keep the family card (not Statesman). If it isn't a faction leader, the family card goes to the Curia.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob W
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sargeras777 wrote:

3. I am a little fuzzy on the rules regarding Statesman deployment; what happens when a Senator card enters the forum? Is it automatically persuaded to join?

Aside, from Heli's example, normally family cards are placed in the Forum where they can be persuaded or not. I wasn't sure if that was clear for you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls