Subject: Warscroll cards would be nice GW? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Casper Points
Abkhazia
Alaska
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I know it's easy enough to make cards yourself from the existing Warscrolls, some already have, but given GWs huge data base of art and photographic stills of painted miniatures which often serve as a theme or guide, wouldn't it be glorious if GW took the leap forward it has already done with Sigmar and released oversized postcard style Warscrolls for its now easily playable system?

With great and evocative GW art on one side, showing the unit in all its glory and the Warscroll rules set on the other, perhaps sold in an embossed tin, that is itself collectable and very useful, it just seems like GW need to take just one more little step...

Perhaps they will release such wonders when they finally cave on the "points cost" debate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian McLeod
Canada
ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I agree. They should have been included in every box of models.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Luis Fernandez
Venezuela
Caracas
Miranda
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
that is a good idea, since you didnt need to change equipment or abilities, thats very factible, like warmachine/hordes game, i expect that in future.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Paul Messerly
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmb
I get the feeling they won't do this because they need everyone to use the app if they are going to be able to adjust and rebalance the game constanly over time. The app has all the warscrolls for free and in digital form you know you always have the latest version.

This is one of the advantages that computer games have always had... they can look at the realtime data and constantly make adjustments.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jared Voshall
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mermuse wrote:
I get the feeling they won't do this because they need everyone to use the app if they are going to be able to adjust and rebalance the game constanly over time. The app has all the warscrolls for free and in digital form you know you always have the latest version.

This is one of the advantages that computer games have always had... they can look at the realtime data and constantly make adjustments.

Right now, the two biggest problems with the app is that it's full of typos and in some cases just flat out wrong information (in one case, a figure has an entirely other model's stat block, in a few others they have the Move characteristic wrong - as in Calvary moving 5" wrong). It's also fairly clunky to go between units (particularly between different Races), especially if you haven't set up "My Battle" for your army that day. It's also problematic if you have multiple armies that you want to build up, as there's no way to save one and come back to it later.

Finally, there's the lag between the information coming out and the app getting updated, which means some downtime between getting the models and being able to play with them.

Now, if all of these issues are fixed - then, yeah, it'll be a great resource for both players (who can track their collections and have ready-to-go armies that they can easily keep track of during a game) and GW (who, if they add in a Battle Report function could get some really solid actual play data from, and it could be as simple as X list VS Y list, X won). It's certainly not something that I've seen a first party company try to do yet (though I have seen a few come close).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cargol Maxime
France
perpignan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Easy, I've done it with paint...for all my battalion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
King of the Wood
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mb
colour copy the warscrolls from the book or print from website at 50% - text is small but does the job - you soon start to memeorise stuff anyhow.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan R
United States
Where I’m supposed to be
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My second biggest gripe against the game... no cards for warscrolls.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Major Havok
United States
Niles
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Vroomer wrote:
My second biggest gripe against the game... no cards for warscrolls.

I would pay to have professionally produced cards - hate thumbing through a book. I wish I was a fan of digital, just too old school for that I guess.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls