Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Carl Frodge
United States
Plantation
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
"Spiked Skin 2: When this unit is damaged by one or more attacking or countering units, simultaneously deal 2 damage to each unit that is attacking or countering this unit."

In what situation could more than one unit counter a single units attack?

Can multiple units with "Unit Guard" guard a single unit?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc Bennett
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
"Spiked Skin 2: When this unit is damaged by one or more attacking or countering units, simultaneously deal 2 damage to each unit that is attacking or countering this unit."

Can multiple units with "Unit Guard" guard a single unit?

well when attacking you can only be blocked by one unit I believe (at least until more cards come out then who knows)

but with the current cards if you have spiked armor on a unit, and lets say I attack it with 5 of my units, all of them will take the 2 damage. I suspect they added all the wording to future proof it against cards that may be coming up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
www.punchboardmedia.com/geaux-gaming/
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The rules indicate (on page 9) that only one unit may guard an attack.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron M.
United States
Grand Rapids
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
agentkuo wrote:
Sounds like leaving room for future game design...you'll notice there are a lot of exceptions to the rules in some of the cards already present in the game. I wouldn't be surprised if we see an expansion release an ally or conjuration capable of "teaming up" with either multiples of the same type of ally/conjuration or with other units to counter an attack. Probably low attack/low health units that individually would be worthless, but en masse can be a force to be reckoned with.

All pure speculation, of course.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gary Amoe
msg tools
I think the trick here is outside of Coals deck. If you drop this Alteration on a Conjuration/Ally with Unit Guard. If the opponent uses multiple Conjurations/Allies to try and snipe something large on your field you can block it all with the unit guard. Then Spike Armor triggers when you Counter.

The separation in rules for attacking Phoenixborn/Units (generic term) is where this one gets weird I think. I'll try to post something more coherent this afternoon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just to be sure about this one, and other capabilities named "X 1" (like Throw 1) or here: the Spiked armor always gives Life + 2, but in order to have the special capability arming attackers, the player needs to have the 3 Spiked armor cards in play attached to the same unit, ie works like Focus. With 3 Spiked armor cards, this gives +6 Life and arms attackers, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kratos38 wrote:
Just to be sure about this one, and other capabilities named "X 1" (like Throw 1) or here: the Spiked armor always gives Life + 2, but in order to have the special capability arming attackers, the player needs to have the 3 Spiked armor cards in play attached to the same unit, ie works like Focus. With 3 Spiked armor cards, this gives +6 Life and arms attackers, correct?

Not at all. The two after spiked denotes the amount of damage dealt when Spike Armor is triggered. Same for Throw 1 - it deals one damage when thrown. One card is all that's needed for Spiked Armor to work. It's nothing like Focus at all. Focus and the number on the card only applies to Ready Spells.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Christophe Ebro
France
Grenoble
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the clarification.
I find it quite confusing, both wrt Focus and with the fact that there are other capabilities which do damages and do not have it in their name.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Donny Behne
United States
Fate
Texas
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kratos38 wrote:
Thanks for the clarification.
I find it quite confusing, both wrt Focus and with the fact that there are other capabilities which do damages and do not have it in their name.

Apply each instance independently, don't try and unify them. Each keyword uses the number differently. You're trying to apply the way Focus refers to the number to all things and that won't work.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls