Chris Nelson
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Hey all.
It seems odd.

I go to attach the figures to their bases....
but the holes drilled for them appear to be larger on one side than the other (albeit slightly).

They don't seem to stay or fit in the drilled holes well.. and on the side they do.... the name of the base is upside down.

Are we expected to glue them in ?

any advice is appreciated.

Thanks,
runatyr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Kiyoshi
United States
California
flag msg tools
Names should be right side up. I had to trim the pegs a little to make them fit without smooshing.but now they fit fine.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nelson
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks did you use any sort of adhesive to make it permanent is that typical I didn't see any recommendations so I'm looking for a bit of guidance

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
M King
United States
Wilder
Kentucky
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
runatyr wrote:
Thanks did you use any sort of adhesive to make it permanent is that typical I didn't see any recommendations so I'm looking for a bit of guidance

I painted my minis, then used just a single drop of super glue to fix them in place on their bases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Bredon
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought the prepainted minis and used a plastic epoxy to glue them to the stands (I think the brand was loctite). I touched the pegs to the mixed epoxy and inserted them in the stand, then let them dry overnight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Moose Detective
United States
Brooklyn
New York
flag msg tools
Than Sense
badge
Is it a moose that became a detective ? Or a detective who searches for moose?
mbmbmbmbmb
If unpainted, paint mini. If pre-painted, go to next step.
Place base with legible words side up.
Check to see if mini fits easily into base.
If the pegs are too big, use nail file or something similar and file down the pegs. This plastic is super soft.
If the pegs are fit or if they're too small, add some sort of super glue to peg and place them into the holes and hold mini until paint locks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Nelson
United States
columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
mb
Thanks to all.
I wanted to make sure before I filed or glued anything that I was not missing something basic!

I'll get some glue later today.

Be well all and thanks for being such a great web site
-Runatyr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls