Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey gamers was thinking of throwing a spaghetti western themed party// Need I dead for the best games...

was thinking of of course Bang!
Perhaps revolver.. any other game ideas would be great or just ideas in general.. thanks again in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
Coronado
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb

Heard that this A Fistful of Dinero was on sale at Amazon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Asaf Fabbi
United States
Albany
New York
flag msg tools
Proud member of the Cult of the New.
badge
The King of Meeples
mbmbmbmbmb
sasigns wrote:
Hey gamers was thinking of throwing a spaghetti western themed party// Need I dead for the best games...

Perhaps revolver.. any other game ideas would be great or just ideas in general.. thanks again in advance.

1) Flick em' up
2) bang the dice game
3) shadows of brimstone
4) gold west
5) colt express
6) dice down

Mic drop
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks guys..

Will look into these. Shadows of Brimstone is a bit heavy for the intended crowd but +100 points for that one love it.. just not right for the people that are going to be playing also thats a really long game.

Any thoughts on revolver?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
sasigns wrote:

Definitely check out BANG! The Dice Game as well, I consider it an improvement over the original.

Also, for more ideas, the Western family game category:

American West

And some curated geeklists:
Western games are like jackrabbits right now! (newer Western games)
How the west was gamed, Redux. A real western themed geeklist...again. (pretty comprehensive)
Top 10 Western Games
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan D
United States
san antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Flick em up looks like fun but dang that price tag lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Thur
Germany
Weitersburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Strange theme for a party. Everyone covered in sweat and dirt and no-one's talking... just staring menacing at other guests.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Justin Me
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
High Noon Saloon

I cannot recommend that game enough. It is quick play, the rules are easy, you can play individually or on teams, and its a gun fight in a bar. I believe it plays up to 6 people. It's also relatively inexpensive to pick up. Whenever we have a git together High Noon comes out.
My only complaint would be that the board is tiny.

If the people are used to playing games I would also recommend Spurs: A Tale in the Old West. It is like Red Dead Redemption the board game. The only issue would be that you COULD play the game with very little player interaction.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Yours Truly,
United States
Raleigh
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
There must have been a moment at the beginning, where we could have said no. Somehow we missed it. Well, we'll know better next time.
mbmbmbmbmb
By the way I can vouch for
Boomtown
and think it would go over great for what you have in mind. I would recommend using this variant, though:
New bid payout and card selection mechanic

Also, you've gotta have the Man with No Name Trilogy playing in the background (Good Bad & Ugly etc), or at least the soundtracks cool

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gar .
msg tools
+1 for Dice Town, we've just got it and it's easy, fun and full of theme.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
+1 for Colt Express

Very thematic and easy to play so it should fit in well for your party. Also plays up to 6 which is pretty good. I ended up buying it after playing it for the first time since I think many non-gamers would enjoy it but it is still very fun. Just remember to build the train "board" before the party starts!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.