Subject: No, I'll see him! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mrnanaba
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
Looking for clarity on the No I'll see him action card. When you play do you play treatment cards immediately or on your turn to cure? If immediately do you draw up to a hand of 7 then or wait until your turn / end of your turn? Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Levandowski
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
We've gotten a lot of questions about this card, and if we do a reprint, we'll be making some changes to that card.

In order to play the card, you also have to immediately discard the treatment cards needed for that patient. If you don't have the treatment cards for it, you cannot cure the Patient. You do not draw up until the end of your next turn.

However, based on the card text the way it is currently written, if you want to pitch that card because of how context specific it is, you can play it any time an opponent cures a patient. You just wouldn't be exercising the "may" clause on the card. (Or, if you just want to keep the card out of the game, you always have the option of removing any Action cards you don't want from the game before you begin. Personally, I usually take out that card and Quarantine before I play.)

Like I said, you're not the first person to be confused about this. The card text needs some clarification.

Thanks for the question, and I hope you're enjoying the game!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mrnanaba
United States
Gurnee
Illinois
flag msg tools
Thanks for the clarity Doug. Would you still be able to cure another patient on your turn prior to drawing (assuming you still have enough cards)?

Only played once with my 8 year old - it was funny he saw the art and watched the play through video and before playing had declared it his new favorite game. As we played he made the correlation of the treatment cards to ticket to ride and explained that part to Mom later on. We enjoyed it and it moved quick and are looking forward to playing it again.

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Doug Levandowski
msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
No problem! And yes, on your turn if you have the cards (before you draw back up) you could treat a Patient. It doesn't count toward your once per turn limit.

I'm glad you all like it! If you have any other questions, please let me know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.