The Siege of Jerusalem (Third Edition)» Forums » General

Subject: New Siege of Jerusalem vassal module posted rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rob McCray

Alabama
msg tools
mb
A new module for The Siege of Jerusalem has been posted to The Siege of Jerusalem module page at http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:The_Siege_of_Jerusal...

Please download and give it a try. Any feedback to clanmacrae9vassal@yahoo.com will be appreciated.

Rob
clanmacrae9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn vR
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks great, thanks!

Some remarks: the size of the counters when you click on them is quite *large*. A bit smaller would be okay as well (esp since we like to keep death stacks of 10 units...)

About the gates: you forgot the two gates in the Inner temple wall (they are not on the rules booklet, I know.. but they are there).

Also, the hex in JJ35 should be a fort (orange)- it's in the errata. Not sure where the staircase would come, since the NE fort and Ophel fort have staircases into the NC/CoD (and none into the TQ).

Some other wishes: a marker for control of an area (Roman). We use grey KTX markers for that now, but a seperate would be 'nice to have'.

Thanks again, great job!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McCray

Alabama
msg tools
mb
Thanks for giving the module a look. I can bring the mouseover magnification down a little bit.

Thanks for the other observations. I did forget that there were errata to the map so I will look at adding the gates and the Fort.

Just for S&Gs are the gates universally agreed upon as gates? If not I can add them in as optional overlays, but if they are officially or universally recognized I will just add them to the gates overlay map.

Version 2.1 is well underway but I want to give 2.0 a little time to breathe before I update so It can be a significant update.

It already includes headquarters Command & Control and missile range overlays to identify visually the hexes in those ranges and an automated turn counter that automatically tracks the turn side (Roman/Judean)and turn number on the scenario charts.

I am working on including a victory points counter and would like to eventually morph that into a replacement tracker and calculator. Eventually I would like it to do everything that your excel tool does. That may be a bit ambitious and will not happen overnight, but it would be cool to implement all of that into the module.

Thanks again,

Rob
clanmacrae9
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn vR
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi!

As fas as I know they are official (you can see tiny brown marks where the gates are supposed to be) - I think it's pretty unplayable without those (though it would make life a bit easier for the Romans I think.

I don't have a clue how you make all those nice things, so I don't know what's possible, but could there be separate boxes for dead pile, reseverses, escaped and 'out of the game'?

All things from my excel file. Wow, would be great if it could do that! Especially the ramdom draw would be great! However, the excel file is quite complicated, especially with reserves/reinforcements. I had to make several assumptions together with Alan how to handle those (like having an 'old dead pool' and 'recent dead pool'.

Some more wishes: would it be possible to add a button that highlights the cohort buddies (like clicking on one and seeing the other two) - I tend to lose them have to search all over the place yuk
And of course what would be really really great is an odds calculator! Like I select all units that attack and then the defender and it calculates the odds for me (and generates the outcome after the die roll).
Of course, I don't know anything about Vassal.. so no clue if it is possible..

Unfortunately, we're having a break in our game (busy lives) at the moment, so can't remember any more wishes.. perhaps when I start playing again..

Thanks again for the good work!
Martijn
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rob McCray

Alabama
msg tools
mb
Could you give me a little more background on the JJ35 hex being a fort? I have not found that in the errata? Seems an odd spot to me.

Thanks

Rob
clanmacrae9

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn vR
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Sorry I was wrong, it wasn't in the errata but in the rules, on page 2. (Index)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martijn vR
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that you change the hex into a fort?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls