Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Joshua Wilson
United States
Bangor
ME
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Are you the owner of first edition Five Tribes? Are you mildly OCD, at least enough to be off put by components not matching?

If you said yes to both of these, then I suggest to you, getting the replacement Fakir cards, put nine of them in the trade deck, and then take out nine slaves!

Now you have all icons represented, with accuracy! How's that for a solution?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Rupp
United States
Marion
Iowa
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JoshmanVGH wrote:
Are you the owner of first edition Five Tribes? Are you mildly OCD, at least enough to be off put by components not matching?

If you said yes to both of these, then I suggest to you, getting the replacement Fakir cards, put nine of them in the trade deck, and then take out nine slaves!

Now you have all icons represented, with accuracy! How's that for a solution?

Unless you change the rules (so that cards can only function with the matching card... i.e. You NEED a fakir for the fakir cards and slave for the slave cards), it's still mismatched... probably even worse than just using fakir's or slaves.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Hoffman
United States
Cortlandt Manor
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My solution is to tell people that the Fakirs and Slaves are interchangeable. When they ask what's going on, I tell them. They roll their eyes in amusement and then we go about our gaming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shoosh shoo
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Honestly i think i like the art on the fakir cards better than the slaves so i may get the fakir cards for that reason alone.

Or ill just play the crap out of my first edition and eventually when i need to replace it ill get the new edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan King (The Game Boy Geek)
United States
Gilbert
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Since the tiles have the slave icons on them it will still be mismatched.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls