Popular Tags: [View All]
Fabian Bohlmann
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

I've tried to play this game now about 4-5 times but last saturday was the first time I was realy able to play it till the last round.

Now there have been some questions coming up which I hope to clarify here.

1. Special race technology: If a special race technology has been build on a planet on which more than one faction has deployed people who owns that particular installation (i. e. Cloning facility of the Theocracy) when all players have an equal amount of cubes on the planet? I guess that it is handled like WMD installations. So nobody can use it as long as there is an even number of cubes on the planet.

2. If more than one races are on the same planet and the upkeep phase happens. Will the recource die be flipped just once regardles of the number of players on the planet or once for every player there? And if the last option is correct will this happen in player order?

3. If a player has developed and equipped his ships with fusion drives or faster propulsion systems (and the recommended movement rules from the expansion are used) can he skip the first (or any other) movement (not using this particular movement) and move next time when it's his turn to move all ships that are able to do so? I would say this doesn't work but otherwise if he skips one movement this just means he let's his ship(s) stand still and decides in the next movement round to move it (them). He doesn't gain a movement point or anything.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason
United States
Brooklyn Center
Minnesota
flag msg tools
Das Problem wrote:
1. Special race technology: If a special race technology has been build on a planet on which more than one faction has deployed people who owns that particular installation (i. e. Cloning facility of the Theocracy) when all players have an equal amount of cubes on the planet? I guess that it is handled like WMD installations. So nobody can use it as long as there is an even number of cubes on the planet.

From page 5 of the EoE rules:
Quote:
Any Planetary Upgrade is controlled and yields effects for the player controlling that planet, which may be a different player than the on who has bought the Upgrade. A player is considered in control of a planet if that player has the most Population cubes on that planet and is not tied with any other player. In case of a tie for the most Population, no player is considered in control and therefore any Planetary Upgrades do not provide benefits for any player.

So it's controlled by whoever has the majority, and in the case of ties no one gets to use it. But also:

Quote:
A player may only gain access to the technologies present on their player board and faction board.

My reading of this is that Sirius Theocracy has built a clone factory on a planet that Arctic Dominion now controls, neither gets to use the clone factory because AD doesn't have CF on their player board.

Quote:
2. If more than one races are on the same planet and the upkeep phase happens. Will the recource die be flipped just once regardles of the number of players on the planet or once for every player there? And if the last option is correct will this happen in player order?

Each player flips the die when they harvest the resources, in order of who controls the planet. In ties, it goes in turn order. This means a player can exhaust a planet (especially if they have the technologies that let you harvest multiple times) before another player gets a chance to harvest that turn.

Quote:
3. If a player has developed and equipped his ships with fusion drives or faster propulsion systems (and the recommended movement rules from the expansion are used) can he skip the first (or any other) movement (not using this particular movement) and move next time when it's his turn to move all ships that are able to do so? I would say this doesn't work but otherwise if he skips one movement this just means he let's his ship(s) stand still and decides in the next movement round to move it (them). He doesn't gain a movement point or anything.

My reading is that if a player with fusion drive skips the first movement, he can still move up to 1 hex on the second movement, but that ends his movement.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabian Bohlmann
Germany
Hamburg
Deutschland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi Jason,

thanks for the clarification. I love this game my only complaint is that the player boards take so much space that it is nearly impossible to play it with more than four players. Even if you own a big desk (1,60 m x 1,00 m). Five players might work if you have enough space beside each player to accomodate a second chair where they can put their player boards on to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil Triest
Australia
Sydney
NSW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Das Problem wrote:
Hi Jason,

thanks for the clarification. I love this game my only complaint is that the player boards take so much space that it is nearly impossible to play it with more than four players. Even if you own a big desk (1,60 m x 1,00 m). Five players might work if you have enough space beside each player to accomodate a second chair where they can put their player boards on to.

I've got a square 5v5 feet dining table. Plenty of space

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls