Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello to all EOTS experts players

2nd card played with Japanese Erasmus Bot. Manila and SW Pac OOS.
I'm using a 3OC card (CF HQ for 6 activations) and have declared Tarakan as battle hex (overland ground combat from Jolo + Army Air unit because allied can react with dutch air from Tjilatjap (correct?); LRB on Menado in under AZOI and cannot negate ZOI, so it cannot be activated from Abda (correct?)). I can't declare other battle hexes, following objectives i think that i can make an AA on Bangka.

I have a question about taskforce creation on this amphibious assault because reading c3i 28 article with bots i don't understand.

On C3I 28 japanese player on J3 make an AA to Bangka and comment say (no support needed as ther is no Allied SR opportunity). Why Special Reaction isn't possible?
Allied has play ABDA HQ in Tjilatjap on A1 and ther's Dutch Air Unit on Tjilatjap that has an AZOI on Bangka so i was thinking that a SR is possible. Why ABDA HQ can't roll for special reaction and use air and naval unit to react on Bangka? Ground Dutch 6-12 unit in Tjilatjap could be moved to Bangka as special reaction? i think no because strategic move can't be used on reaction and dutch units can't do AA. Correct?

Bye

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Steidl
United States
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
A few notes:

Jolo is an island base so you can't move overland to Tarakan. The little corner of land in the hex is shaded grey to show not playable, but that's easy to miss.

The Dutch are usually OOS, which would mean they have no ZOI and cannot react, but that changes if ABDA is in Tjilatjap.

Correct; the LRB in Menado will be OOS if there is a ZOI from Davao.

I don't have the C3I issue with me but, if ABDA is in Tjilajap with the Dutch air, the Allies can definitely roll for an SR at Bangka. You are correct that strat move cannot be used in reaction, and Dutch forces cannot move by sea at all - either by strat move or by AA.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
melkios wrote:
Hello to all EOTS experts players

2nd card played with Japanese Erasmus Bot. Manila and SW Pac OOS.
I'm using a 3OC card (CF HQ for 6 activations) and have declared Tarakan as battle hex (overland ground combat from Jolo + Army Air unit because allied can react with dutch air from Tjilatjap (correct?); LRB on Menado in under AZOI and cannot negate ZOI, so it cannot be activated from Abda (correct?)). I can't declare other battle hexes, following objectives i think that i can make an AA on Bangka.

I have a question about taskforce creation on this amphibious assault because reading c3i 28 article with bots i don't understand.

On C3I 28 japanese player on J3 make an AA to Bangka and comment say (no support needed as ther is no Allied SR opportunity). Why Special Reaction isn't possible?
Allied has play ABDA HQ in Tjilatjap on A1 and ther's Dutch Air Unit on Tjilatjap that has an AZOI on Bangka so i was thinking that a SR is possible. Why ABDA HQ can't roll for special reaction and use air and naval unit to react on Bangka? Ground Dutch 6-12 unit in Tjilatjap could be moved to Bangka as special reaction? i think no because strategic move can't be used on reaction and dutch units can't do AA. Correct?

Bye

I do not have the issue handy, is the Bangka move overland or amphibious?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Is an amphibious attack to bangka.

In the article Erasmus japanese play:

J1 card vs Manila, Singapore, Balikpapan, Tarakan
J2 card AA vs Batavia
J3 card AA vs Bangka ([19th army] witn no support)
AA vs Palembang ([25 army] + CA Takao + 22nd AF in support)

After J1 Allied play Abda in Tjilatjap, so i think that if allied can react on Bangka, Erasmus should use AA vs UnOcc SR and must use Carrier or A+N to support AA on Bangka since Bangka is highest priority than Palembang.

Other 2 question on taskforce creation:

1) ther's a logic to select which Ground unit use to make an AA ?
2) Air/naval attack on Japanese Opening Phase are made only by Air units. Why naval units are never used on Air/Naval attack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls