Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Qu:
Commander Alozen -
"At the start of the Combat Phase you may acquire a target lock on an enemy ship at Range 1"

Can you then PTL off this ?

I think you could - you are acquiring a target lock - this is an action - not being assigned a target lock - which is not an action...

In reverse - if you are stressed (and therefore cant perform actions) would his ability work, and my response would be no - cant acquire a target lock when stressed (but could have been assigned one)....thoughts?

So order of actions might be - perform action = focus - start of combat phase acquire TL, PTL off this to evade ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rik Biel wrote:
Qu:
Commander Alozen -
"At the start of the Combat Phase you may acquire a target lock on an enemy ship at Range 1"

Can you then PTL off this ?

I think you could - you are acquiring a target lock - this is an action - not being assigned a target lock - which is not an action...

In reverse - if you are stressed (and therefore cant perform actions) would his ability work, and my response would be no - cant acquire a target lock when stressed (but could have been assigned one)....thoughts?

So order of actions might be - perform action = focus - start of combat phase acquire TL, PTL off this to evade ?

It says "Acquire a Target Lock" not "Take a Target Lock Action" so it won't trigger PtL.
ON the other hand you can use it while stressed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
But Rulebook Page 9 describes the process of getting a TL action as "Acquire a Target Lock"

Where I am getting confused is an action can be to "acquire a target lock"
His ability is to "acquire a target lock" - so is this is worded the same as the action albeit it it does not say perform a TL action - but I don't recall any card being worded like that?

I am well aware being assigned a TL is not an action

To acquire something sounds like an action as opposed to be assigned something which is passive

Probably very old grounds but I'm a bit rusty
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Beal
Australia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just looked at the FAQ section 3 and it confirms acquiring a TL is not acquiring a TL for action purposes

So you are right and I am set straight

Cheers
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Bradley
United Kingdom
Haverhill
Suffolk
flag msg tools
badge
The best things in life aren't things.
mbmbmbmbmb
Rik Biel wrote:
Just looked at the FAQ section 3 and it confirms acquiring a TL is not acquiring a TL for action purposes

So you are right and I am set straight

Cheers

No problem. I just look for the word "Action". I don't think "assign a target lock token" works because you need to assign one to your target as well and that's ugly language
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Dickson
United States
Orlando
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Assigning a target lock token is the result of taking the Target Lock action, not the action in and of itself.

The upgrade cards are pretty good about differentiating between "take a _____ action" and "assign a _____ token."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls