Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sean Shaw
United States
Idaho
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I get home...and decide, hey, I might try some WHFB for once instead of my usual 40K.

I go to my game room...and my entire army IS MISSING!!!

I'm like...WTH?

I see my friend has been there, so I go call him over and ask him...Dude...do you know what happened to my magnificent Army?

He smirks...

He says...Dude...you gotta see this.

He pulls up youtube...and there he's ranting and raving...and BURNING MY ARMY!!!

I'm like...DUUUUUDE! WTH did you do!!!!

He tells me he is very upset about the AoS move...and had to show his disgust somehow...

I'm like...okaaaay...sooooo...I might be able to understand that...but WHY DID YOU BURN MY ARMY???

Why?

Because I had a ton of stuff and he only has like a small troop. Since we always play with my stuff anyways...and I hadn't actually touched it in like a decade, he figured he would be safe burning it.

I'm like...

He then continues to tell me that we only play WH40K anyways unless he insists that we play WHFB...and that since I'm now a 40K die hard anyways, why would I mind?

I'm still.......

I think I went into shock......

Does he even realize how much money he burned.......

It's like he doesn't even notice my stare...and he just continues talking....

He talks about how bad he hates what GW has done...and how AoS stinks, and swears up and down and all over the place...he even starts to get red in the face....

And I'm still.........

I can't believe he burned my army...even if I didn't play regularly, I had gotten all new models...put them together...painted many of them...for this edition because of when he and I wanted to play I liked having large armies to utilize....

And now because I was gone and he got angry...it's all gone....all of it....every last bit of it....I don't think he even had a decent bar-b-que with it......

I don't know exactly if I should be sad...grieving...or terribly, horribly, completely, overwhelmingly...angry.

I'm tempted to grab a shotgun and shoot him....

I simply can't believe what he's done...he burned it...all of it...my entire army!!!!

My entire collection!!!!

That's like...thousands of dollars, and that doesn't even count the time I spent putting it together and painting!!!!

He shows me the youtube video again...

He seems awfully proud. All I can do is feel my face burning either in anger or a hopeless sinking feeling in my stomach....

He burned my collection!

Finally, I'm like...get out....just get out....

He's like...but Duuude.

I'm like...NOW....just leave...before I do something I'm going to regret..

He's stutters, and then says...but I did you a favor...I got rid of that stuff so you didn't have to put up with what GW did to WHFB...

I glare at him...I don't care WTH he excuse he has...he literally sent thousands of dollars up in smoke...

MY ARMY...it's GONE...BURNED!!!

Get out...NOW...I say...

I can't believe he doesn't understand WHY I'm upset...

He seems to think he did something admirable...or did me a favor or something....

I'm still in shock.....

and as he leaves...my mouth is still gaping...and I just sit down....

and stare like.........

I can't believe this. Who in their right mind burns their buddies army? And then on top of that says it's a favor????

And then...on top of that...posts it all on youtube?????

And that's ....why....

This is a joke post....just for the heck of it. After someone posted the video of the guy ranting, I thought...wouldn't that be horrible and hilarious at the same time if he had not problems burning it because it just happened to be someone else's army?

In all honesty though, I really haven't touched WHFB in about a decade except to occasionally put together and paint some models. I have a lot of money probably just sitting in my storage...though now that I think of it...I actually haven't checked it out in a few months...

Oh crud....

Just kidding again...well...not that I haven't checked it...but I'm pretty certain that guy wasn't burning my army (at least I hope he wasn't...I haven't checked it in truth...but the chances he burned my stuff isn't really something I think happened).

I have been far more into 40K...and a LOT of that has to do with the background and such of 40K. I love reading the books as well, and I do read the Fantasy Novels occasionally. However...I'm not seeing what people are seeing in AoS from a 40K perspective.

People say the new models are to appeal to Space marine players...but the background is so screwed up in AoS...I just don't see what the appeal is.

Plus...I still have 40K (I sure hope they don't screw that background up)...so I'm not seeing why exactly I'm supposed to be drawn to AoS.

Still, hilarious someone burned all their stuff because of outrage...I think if I stopped 40K I'd just put it with the WHFB stuff in storage for...well, probably forever. Have no idea what they'll do with it when I die....probably have some rant on Youtube and burn it all for everyone to see I guess.

Hopefully you aren't all upset at me now...and instead enjoyed the joke...it was in good fun...

At least until I find that someone actually DID burn my collection...I'm not sure what my reaction would be to that...except probably....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derry Salewski
United States
Augusta
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
I'm only happy when it rains...
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm trying to decide if it's worth paying like 200 dollars to get 15 knights from gamezone to fill out my bretonnian army.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian M
United States
Thornton
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
scifiantihero wrote:
I'm trying to decide if it's worth paying like 200 dollars to get 15 knights from gamezone to fill out my bretonnian army.

So that they are at full strength when you set them on fire?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Timothy Young
United States
Ogden
UT
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmb
Is it not up anymore?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.