Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading C3I Bots in the Pacific example i've a question.

On J2, last unit activation of japanese erasmus is: 'The CA Mogami moves to Miri to create a organic transport stack with the 2SN'.

This move is absolutely logical, but i don't understand how erasmus can decide for this movement? i've not found on erasmus chart a rule that does create an organic transport stack. Or i'm missing something?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That type of thing is part of the Post Battle Movement chart. I don't have the C3i article - it looks like here it was used as an activation for an operation?

Probably just a way of using up a left over activation by doing something useful. Normally you use extra activations to reinforce the main attack against reaction, or to attack a weak base - but it's possible that none of that was needed here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simone Melchiori
Italy
Vigarano Pieve
FE
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
peterk1 wrote:
That type of thing is part of the Post Battle Movement chart. I don't have the C3i article - it looks like here it was used as an activation for an operation?

Probably just a way of using up a left over activation by doing something useful. Normally you use extra activations to reinforce the main attack against reaction, or to attack a weak base - but it's possible that none of that was needed here.

Is a PBM, but my question was: if i'm a beginner i don't think that i had this move. Maybe should be a tip that naval movement could be used to create organic transport stack?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Kossits
Canada
Montreal
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Well the PBM chart tells you to move naval to ports where infantry are. And those Japanese marines with a CA let you do AA for free.

I'm a beginner too (haven't finished a game yet) and didn't have trouble seeing that I wanted CA's with marines at the end of each card play. A new player might miss it the first time, but when the Japanese side gets into a ASP crunch and he looks for ways to squeeze out more, I have a feeling it will become clear quickly.

But, you're right, an extra note to help out new players is always appreciated.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls