Subject: The perfect (board)game? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Taye T
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you found this rare beast?

Does the game bring perfection in the form of its mechanics (Worker placement,Route/Network Building,Tile Placement,Dice Rolling ,Variable Player Powers etc?

Or if the game makes you feel good and you play it with good people it's perfect?

what does perfect mean to you?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
George Stewart
Scotland
ELGIN
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think the Perfect Game, can be had with most games that you simply enjoy.

E.g when we played Elder Sign for the first time, we had one roll left to kill the great one, and my wife did we all jumped for joy and screamed and addicted to that feeling, we have played this game heaps of times since never getting the same outcome or feeling?

Does that make this a perfect game?

No, I beleive that the perfect game does not have much to do with the game (as long as its one you all enjoy) but the people you are with, but also, very dependant on how the game has played out.

Saying that with that level of stress (hoping to do it) Is this the perfect game? Its a good question and not one that can be answererd lightly and simply.........

.........Bravo sir
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Fox
New Zealand
Titirangi
Auckland
flag msg tools
mb
At last I'd found it. The perfect game. Cardboard nirvana on my shelf. I'd only dreamed that a game like this could exist, and now, here it was. An intuitive ruleset, a gripping theme, and gameplay to make the angels weep. This was a game I knew I'd cherish till my days were done.

One week later, an even more perfect game was announced, and I was all over that instead.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Samo Oleami
Slovenia
Ljubljana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Angeli5 wrote:
Have you found this rare beast?

Does the game bring perfection in the form of its mechanics (Worker placement,Route/Network Building,Tile Placement,Dice Rolling ,Variable Player Powers etc?

Or if the game makes you feel good and you play it with good people it's perfect?

It's a game that is the best approximation of why I got into boardgaming in the first place. Meaning - with the right kind of people it produces the kind of gaming experience I love to drown myself in.

It's telling that the game predates the era of mechanics obsession.
Mechanics smechanics.

Angeli5 wrote:
what does perfect mean to you?

A bit weird phrasing. I translated it as "a good as boardgame experiences get".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Go
United States
New York
NY
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
If you're having hull problems I feel bad for you son, I've got 99 problems but a breach ain't one.
badge
TauLeaderGames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Battle Line is close to perfection for me.

If it must have a board then it's probably Kingsburg.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.