Subject: Not buying rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Luis Canela
Spain
castelldefels
Castelldefels
flag msg tools
I am a huge fan and I have been waiting for too long for this expansion, but I have decided I will not support this unless they replace what is wrong or maybe for a second release. I think we should all do the same, otherwise they will continue to produce s*t just because we buy it. It is up to us guys!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think we have plenty of these threads already.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikkel Øberg
Denmark
Gundsømagle
flag msg tools
badge
Ahh, you found me... Run!
mbmbmbmbmb
And nothing will ever stop WizKids from crap production.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Hunter
United Kingdom
Horsham
flag msg tools
Then we should stop buying anything the produce that will sort them out or they will go bust.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
calpurnio pison

rafelbunyol
valencia
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lcanela wrote:
I am a huge fan and I have been waiting for too long for this expansion, but I have decided I will not support this unless they replace what is wrong or maybe for a second release. I think we should all do the same, otherwise they will continue to produce s*t just because we buy it. It is up to us guys!

i'm with you. my friends too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
lcanela wrote:
+1

They already released games with so many flaws so they think we would buy another game even if they put dog s*t into the box.
Unfortunately some players says "it is ok I can wipe my box and it will be playable".

Only as a community we have chance make a change.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:

The change of no more MKBG?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
mfl134
United States
Havertown
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
My words literally betray me.
mbmbmbmbmb
alboy01 wrote:
Then we should stop buying anything the produce that will sort them out or they will go bust.

yes, everyone would have to go this far. If people don't buy a given game, they will just stop with that game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brad Keusch
United States
Ann Arbor
MI
flag msg tools
badge
Waves broke in swift lines on the beach, and she walked over the sand toward her friends, in the wind, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars, on Mars
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
c08mk wrote:

This guy gets it. I mean, to me the more disappointing thing is that the card backs don't match, but really if this is a reason for you to NOT buy it at all, then I really don't understand the way you think.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
michal
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
c08mk wrote:

It is already the end.

There was preparation for polish print of MK LL and WizzKids said that it is not economical to print a bath of LL. Same was with Czech edition of LL. Vlada was pissed off and cancelled cooperation with WizzKids.

WizzKids probably still hold rights for MK so they may publish core or expansions but Vlada won't make any more new expansions.

That were latest news I've read on polish publisher site. How it will look in the future we will see but now it looks like the end of MKBG.

Edit
Link to polish publisher. At the moment MK news are on front, you may google translate text for MK.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
Edit
Link to polish publisher. At the moment MK news are on front, you may google translate text for MK.

Thanks for the link. Here is the Google Translate output:

Mage Knight : This week we received a definite answer from WizKids (the owner of the copyright game Mage Knight). The company stated that tightens policy on international cooperation. Printing so little effort as in the case of Polish is not economically viable for them. We have received demands that say that the minimal amount of production of any single title (eg. Same additive Lost Legion) is more than up to now sold in Poland copies of the base game. We intervened with the author of the game (Vlaada Chvatil). However, we received information that this rule was imposed also in his country, therefore Lost Legion has not been and will not be printed also in the Czech language. Among other things, for this reason, the author of the game broke off cooperation with WizKids and will not be worked out next addition to the Mage Knight. In this situation, we can not print or supplements, or even the original game. In stock we last pieces basic version. If someone hesitated to purchase, this is the last moment where else can you buy Poska your language.

It seems plausible but it would be nice to have a more direct confirmation from Vlaada.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
c08mk wrote:
DaviddesJ wrote:
c08mk wrote:

It is already the end.

There was preparation for polish print of MK LL and WizzKids said that it is not economical to print a bath of LL. Same was with Czech edition of LL. Vlada was pissed off and cancelled cooperation with WizzKids.

WizzKids probably still hold rights for MK so they may publish core or expansions but Vlada won't make any more new expansions.

That were latest news I've read on polish publisher site. How it will look in the future we will see but now it looks like the end of MKBG.

Edit
Even supposing all that is true... Vlaada didn't make this expansion. From what I've seen publicly posted, his role since Lost Legion has been more of a consultant than a designer or developer proper.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Even supposing all that is true... Vlaada didn't make this expansion. From what I've seen publicly posted, his role since Lost Legion has been more of a consultant than a designer or developer proper.

Still, if he declines to cooperate at all then it's hard to believe the other people who have worked on it will do so either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
mbmbmbmb
DaviddesJ wrote:
It seems plausible but it would be nice to have a more direct confirmation from Vlaada.
Agreed. I'm a little skeptical considering that Paul Grogan had this to say about the same rumor last week:

I would have thought that I would know something like that if it were true. I think this may be someone getting some information and expanding it to include rumours.

I personally do not know the future.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Krzysztof Polok
United Kingdom
Poole
Dorset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mage Knight is awesome. Lost Legion expansion makes it even better. Shades of Tesla sounded great but the fact is it's a total rip off. It's disrespectful towards the fans.I feel bad for designers... They love this game more than WizKids...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Exo Desta wrote:
The idea is the same as having a faulty vending machine at your workplace. Every day you feed money to the dang thing, and everyday you end up with one less item than you paid for. Maybe it got stuck against the screw-thingy, or dropped but never made it all the way to the chute. Something.

But everyday you keep giving it your money, and so the guy who owns it is never going to fix it.

Why should he?

And if you say: "well they will just take the machine out then." I will say: "No probs, we'll get another, newer model in here eventually. Maybe that guy will value our business."
Nope. See, you're not going to get the same product.

I want my Diet Coke. I don't want some new Pepsi machine, and I don't want a Mr. Pipp machine, and I sure as hell don't want any Diet Shasta Orange.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
tumorous wrote:
Nope. See, you're not going to get the same product.

I want my Diet Coke. I don't want some new Pepsi machine, and I don't want a Mr. Pipp machine, and I sure as hell don't want any Diet Shasta Orange.

I'd be fine with Vlaada using his energy to design something new and creative. I don't think he really needs the Mage Knight IP.

That said, the game already exists, it's going to continue to exist, I'd like to see some more expansions for it, even if they have production issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Agreed -- and I'm not concerned about Vlaada running out of energy any time soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Walton
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
I'm returning my copy today (via Amazon). I may buy it again when it hits the clearance racks, but these production issues were not worth spending $35 on it.

I don't mind the token size so much because I can use a bag, but I don't prefer to have card sleeves and the card size difference is visibly obvious in the deed deck. You just can't have that.

When playing, there's too much of a temptation to look at the deck to see if that mis-sized card is the one that you're hoping to draw soon.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jan Colpaert
Belgium
TEMSE
Oost-Vlaanderen
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
What's exactly wrong with this expansion? I was about to buy it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe Walton
United States
Westerville
Ohio
flag msg tools
The main issue, for me, was that the monster tokens are visibly smaller than the base game monster tokens. So they are incompatible with the base game out of the box unless you use a workaround such as a token bag.

The other issue is that the deed deck cards are slightly wider. Again, you could sleeve them to hide the difference, but if you don't sleeve them, you'll be able to tell the difference between the base game deed cards and the Tezla deed cards when they are in your deck effectively making them "marked".

Not a deal breaker, but it was for me since I paid a higher price to get my mitts on it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
neo.colpaert wrote:
What's exactly wrong with this expansion? I was about to buy it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Kwasny
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The components of this expansion are actually high quality. I just got my copy today and am pleased with the quality. The cards may not match, and the enemy counters may be smaller (I have not actually compared for myself), but I do not find that a problem. For the cards, yes, the top card on the player's draw deck might show whether it is new or older, but beyond that, there is little drawback. For the counters, they are fine for the scenarios in the expansion. True, if you want to use them with previous sets, you have to either not worry about it (my approach) or draw them from a bag or cup.

So in my opinion, if you enjoy the game and were going to buy the expansion, then do so and enjoy! To me, the only disappointment I have is the rumor (and I stress 'rumor') that there might not be more expansions. That would be too bad. I can understand why Vlaada Chvatil would be unhappy with WizKids, but I understand why WizKids does not want to print a version that will most likely lose them money. There is no bad guy there, just an unfortunate situation.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mvkwasny wrote:
I can understand why Vlaada Chvatil would be unhappy with WizKids, but I understand why WizKids does not want to print a version that will most likely lose them money.

Licensing the game to a Polish or Czech publisher can't possibly lose them money. It costs them zero and they get some amount of licensing revenue.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Patrick M
United States
Highland Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
DON'T BUY

Thumb up
 tip