Jon Purkis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/actualol
badge
Actualol Board Game Videos
mbmb
There's no comments or reviews up yet - surely someone must have played this game at GenCon? If you did, what did you think of it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryan Connelly
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
My wife and I bought the game bit we haven't had a change to play it yet. I was hoping someone else would have a review up too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Purkis
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
youtube.com/c/actualol
badge
Actualol Board Game Videos
mbmb
LeonPhillips wrote:
Not so much an in-depth review, but just a couple of early thoughts based on a four person game.

We'd recommend a minimum of 5 (maybe 6) to add a little more tension to the mutiny. Right now there's a card that forces someone to ally with you during a mutiny and in a 4 person game that can make it 3-1 which makes mutinies far less fun. We've also decided to remove the Cutthroat card which again makes mutinies meh.

Outside of those minor quibbles, we like it. Everyone's always involved in some way, and the banter between players certainly helps.
Sailor 1:"So let me get this straight, he whines to the captain and gets made quartermaster? Maybe I should whine more."
Sailor 2:"Yep, seems like a captain that isn't too tough on his crew... also hasn't punished anyone."
Captain: "Are you implying you want to mutiny?"
Sailor 2:"Oh no, wouldn't want to imply anything like that. But I'm thinking I'd like to be quartermaster if you're sending it around."

That sounds fun! Thanks for sharing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls