Subject: Training? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Spray
United Kingdom
Pontypridd
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Is there a limit to how much spirit and cunning can be increased at the church and magistrate's office?

Can multiple +1 token be put on a character?

Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
VonMeister
United States
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, multiple +1 buffs are allowed.
Nothing in the rules states otherwise.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel U. Thibault
Canada
Québec
Québec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
True, but you may want to house-rule a ceiling on these buffs. I've sometimes felt it could get out of hand.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you are playing with the advanced rules for collecting investigation from the board, Training should be balanced. That is how we play and we've never had a problem with too much buffing. You also have to weigh-in the effect of lingering and the chance for failing the Honor test.

And it's also true that we don't have players in our group that really try to exploit Training. Usually it comes into play if we're playing a Villain that gets an ability if you don't have enough of either. Otherwise, it's fairly passive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Neil Edmonds
United States
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Do you need more card ideas for the D&D Adventure System games?
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, you only encounter a space once per turn, so there's only one training action per turn (notice spaces like the Doctor's Office say you can do something multiple times.) The limitation means you aren't encountering other spaces to acquire potentially beneficial gear cards, dealing with minions on the board, etc.

I played the game a lot and the only game I sat around bulking stats was against the Dryad. For some reason most of the minions were appearing on the base game board and Karl was stuck in town fighting wave-after-wave of trees to prevent them from reaching the Town Square. I'd train-up at the Magistrate's Office or the Church after dealing with that turn's minion threat. The Showdown eventually occurred at the Blacksmith's Shop (the heroes won), so I explained that the Blacksmith cut down some trees in the Olde Forest to power his forge, and the Dryad got angry.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Autoduelist wrote:
... The Showdown eventually occurred at the Blacksmith's Shop (the heroes won), so I explained that the Blacksmith cut down some trees in the Olde Forest to power his forge, and the Dryad got angry.
Nice! thumbsup

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Godwin
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I didn't want to start a new thread just to give something away and the Market Place won't let me, - so, I'll just try sticking it here. I have an opened but unused copy of "A Touch of Evil ‘The Madness' Game Supplement" that I'm offering free to anyone who really wants it and will really actually use it. I'll cover the shipping as well. So, first come first serve.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
llc3guys wrote:
I didn't want to start a new thread just to give something away and the Market Place won't let me, - so, I'll just try sticking it here. I have an opened but unused copy of "A Touch of Evil ‘The Madness' Game Supplement" that I'm offering free to anyone who really wants it and will really actually use it. I'll cover the shipping as well. So, first come first serve.

That is a very generous offer, Lee. I already have a copy but I have a 13 year old nephew that I have hooked on the game who would love a copy. He just got The Coast for his birthday and your copy of The Madness would surely get used. We line in NY state. As it's not for me directly, feel free to decline, but that is a nice offer nonetheless.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Godwin
United States
Branson
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll get it off to you Monday. Just let it be from you because without you stepping up for him, he wouldn't be receiving it. Thanks for responding and I'm glad it will be enjoyed, and kudos for being a great uncle. Please geekmail me your address. I'll try to send it where he can punch the pieces out for himself so he'll know it's been unplayed, - plus it's kind of fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
VonMeister wrote:

Well I've been playing this wrong then because I thought that any success roll generated a single token. So are we saying you get a +1 token for each successful roll?

Thinking about it, this would make sense.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chuck Hurd
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Achtung_Panzer10 wrote:
VonMeister wrote:

Well I've been playing this wrong then because I thought that any success roll generated a single token. So are we saying you get a +1 token for each successful roll?

Thinking about it, this would make sense.

You'll only earn one +1 token per training attempt, no matter how many successes you roll.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin S
United Kingdom
Bedfordshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes I re-read the rules as I played a game last night (first time in a while) and realised that my original interpretation was correct. I guess the multiple part refers to several "training sessions".

Thanks for the quick response.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls