Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Reynolds
United States
Scottsdale
Arizona
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just curious if the game time is shortened significantly with two?

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Baum
msg tools
Takes about an hour. But so much fun, and always a tense ending. (Played it with four once, including a couple of nubes, and took us almost 2.5 hours.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Enon Sci
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
da baum wrote:
Takes about an hour. But so much fun, and always a tense ending. (Played it with four once, including a couple of nubes, and took us almost 2.5 hours.)

The sweet spot is with three, due to the resource leeching mechanic, but two is fine. It does play quickly, but I wouldn't say it was always tense at any player count. This is a game where you can sometimes see the winner well before the end (but only if somebody is playing really poorly). More a beginners issue, but far from unheard of.

I consider it a masterpiece. Highly recommended with 2 or 3 in my book.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Darin Bolyard
United States
Oak Grove
Missouri
flag msg tools
But God shows his love for us in that while we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
badge
In your world, I have another name. You must learn to know me by it. That was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyR wrote:
Just curious if the game time is shortened significantly with two?

Thanks!

It is. With experience, a two-player can easily be played in about and hour, if not a little less. It's easily 30 min./player for experienced players, and 45 min./player for newbs.

I do prefer this as a 2-3 player over a 4-5 player. The game play scales extremely well from 2 up to 5 players. But since you get an equally satisfying experience at 2-3 as you would at 4-5, I will try not to play this game with 4-5, due to the lengthy play time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn B
United States
Bedford
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Game length here very much depends upon experience with the game. The first few plays tend to be long -- as new players may not perceive what makes for an efficient hand.

If you are not rushed for time, however, this games rewards new players very well. There is some interesting flavor text you can read about the characters you meet & there are a lot of AH-HA moments during the game - as the tactical and strategic possibilities reveal themselves.

After 21 plays, my group can complete 3 & 4 player games in under an hour.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.