Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Ostman
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Good stuff Ryan. Do we have a BGG entry for that new game yet?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I just submitted a BGG entry-- thanks for checking!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The link to the revised City of Iron rulebook is for a local file (file///C:/Users/Larry/Downloads/cityofiron_preprint_rules_v1%20lores.pdf)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
HokieGeek wrote:
The link to the revised City of Iron rulebook is for a local file (file///C:/Users/Larry/Downloads/cityofiron_preprint_rules_v1%20lores.pdf)

Thanks- it's fixed now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Peterson
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mechanicalfish wrote:
HokieGeek wrote:

Thanks- it's fixed now.

It does not seem to be fixed. I am seeing the same link and it's not a cache issue because I just went to the kickstarter page for the first time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Brown
United Kingdom
Coulsdon
Surrey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Instant back, can't wait!

The link is working now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J-F Audy
Canada
Chambly
Québec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Any chance that you offer better shipping costs for Canada?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Quinten Dreger
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:
I second this! Is Canada included in the US price *please* or is it part of the "Everywhere Else" price? Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Fraser
Canada
Hamilton
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JFAudy wrote:

I wholly concur. Let us know!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I wish there would be an option for CoI (1st edition) owners to get the new stuff (new buildings and citizens, new rules, stretch goals) without having to get the game completely anew. I am a student and cannot afford to buy the whole game once again :/

Could you make that happen, Ryan? As long as the card backs are the same, I would not mind the different layout...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Emils E
Latvia
Riga
flag msg tools
Life goes on...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was very excited when I saw this go up, and then the shipping rates just destroyed my enthusiasm.
I might try to find someone to share the pledge as shipping stays the same for 2 copies, but I'm gutted by the difference in shipping costs between western vs eastern Europe is so vast. Generally parcels sent by post seem to have flat rate and so many KS manage to offer flat rate for EU.

PS. On a side note, there seems to be 3 entries for Latvia in Shipping chart - 2x Latvia and 1x Leetonia.

PPS. Any chance City of Iron will be possible as an add-on for planned Empires of the Void 2nd edition KS?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Gassman
United States
WASHINGTON
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So does someone with the first edition need to buy the second? Or would you call this a a reprint with the fringe benefits of new art, an improved manual, and added cards? I already have City of Iron and the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrés Pérez
United States
Germantown
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanGMan wrote:
So does someone with the first edition need to buy the second? Or would you call this a a reprint with the fringe benefits of new art, an improved manual, and added cards? I already have City of Iron and the expansion.
Until Ryan responds, this might tide you over: Differences between 1st and 2nd edition
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
EvanGMan wrote:

In the Kickstarter comments, Ryan Laukat posted:
Quote:
2nd Edition is mostly the same as 1st, mechanically speaking. A lot of the changes are cosmetic. We did tweak a few things in the rules, but if you own 1st Edition, you probably don't need to get 2nd.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Connor
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dang how I wish Above and Below Expanded Edition was in the add-ons!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John
United States
Ridley Park
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
th3tick wrote:

I was hoping the same exact thing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcel Pauly
Germany
Goettingen
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
whiskemuscles wrote:
th3tick wrote:

Or the City of Iron Expansion ... missed Opportunity

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Helen Slater
United Kingdom
Sheffield
South Yorkshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Woo hoo! I missed this game the first time it was on Kickstarter. I'm delighted to see it back again for a 2nd edition.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Zscheile
Germany
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
squidy wrote:
whiskemuscles wrote:
th3tick wrote:

Or the City of Iron Expansion ... missed Opportunity

The steambots are already in there, the pirates are not, but are just a little 'gimmick' to be implemented by interested players themselves if they wish, and the characters get a kind of overhaul, so we do not know how many of them or the ideas behind them are taken over to the second edition. To me it seems however that Ryan tries to put Experts and Engines right into the box for this version.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manteca
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone know the dimensions of the new board and if all other components are the same size as in the first edition of City of Iron (ie. player boards and cards..ect.)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Austin
Canada
flag msg tools
Having purchased seven minute empire and ancient world, was looking forward to this reprint until I saw the cost of shipping to Canada: $44 (approx $56 CAD) How does that work? $7 to US and $44 to Canada?

That is ridiculous. And nice touch by the way as having Canada listed as 'everywhere else' understandable, as we're just a backwater tumbleweed blip on the map. Estonia gets a shipping listing, but not Canada.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Laukat
United States
Sandy
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Peepser wrote:
Having purchased seven minute empire and ancient world, was looking forward to this reprint until I saw the cost of shipping to Canada: $44 (approx $56 CAD) How does that work? $7 to US and $44 to Canada?

That is ridiculous. And nice touch by the way as having Canada listed as 'everywhere else' understandable, as we're just a backwater tumbleweed blip on the map. Estonia gets a shipping listing, but not Canada.

Actually, Canada has three of its own special backer levels. Shipping is $10, $20, and $22 respectively. I'm sorry, I haven't updated the shipping list yet with this information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nat Morris
Canada
Creston
BC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
yay from Canada!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michalis Chrisostomidis
Greece
Nea Ionia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have been wanting to try your games for two years now!

Both Ancient World and City of Iron seem really interesting, with the graphics being astonishing to say the least.

However, spreading the stretch goals into two different games feels quite... odd.

I understand that this is more of a marketing decision than a designer's one. But still...

What should we expect when, later this year, the "Experts & Engines 2nd edition" is launched in a campaign?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   |