Legendary Encounters: An Alien Deck Building Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Drone deck/harder easier clarification rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Drones are generally easier to defeat than the enemies in the main deck. It also gives you more time between events and a longer stay in phase 1 and 2 to build your deck.

The goal is not to get through the deck, but to complete the objective.

EDIT : OP deleted post. He was asking why added more drones to the deck made it an easier game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adrian Firth
United Kingdom
near mold
flintshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
yea....that makes sense....but at the same time more drones means wasting more strikes etc that could be potentially used for bigger things....thats how i see it anyway.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Goodnuff
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmb
"wasting more strikes etc that could be potentially used for bigger things"

Huh? You would draw a card from that deck anyways. The easier that card is, on average, the easier the game is. So drawing a drone makes a given turn easier than drawing a harder non-drone card. You draw up your cards on each of your turns so there is no wasting of cards.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Maravola
United States
South Elgin
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Firthaa01 wrote:
yea....that makes sense....but at the same time more drones means wasting more strikes etc that could be potentially used for bigger things....thats how i see it anyway.

Early on in the game, you need weaker enemies because you are only drawing standatd 1 strike cards. When you have an easier enemy it gives you the chance to kill it with what you have in your hand and bolster your deck with more powerful cards that will allow you to kill the bigger enemies. There's nothing worse than drawing up 3 strikes only to have nothing but 4s in the combat zone...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Have you seen the predator rule book, there is a new chart which is recommended also for Alien. It changes the drone card addition to each hive mini deck
Sorry I'm on my phone and don't have the link
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul DeStefano
United States
Long Island
New York
flag msg tools
designer
@TaintedDragonInn
badge
www.TaintedDragonInn.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Is the OP missing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Is the OP missing?

One of the most confusing BGG things, the possibility that the original posts disapears without even something like a placeholder...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Shader
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Geosphere wrote:
Is the OP missing?

OP deleted I guess. He said that he didn't understand how adding more enemies to the deck made it an easier game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kalbe Troben
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
usuba wrote:
Have you seen the predator rule book, there is a new chart which is recommended also for Alien. It changes the drone card addition to each hive mini deck

Here is how many dronecard should be used / mini-deck of Hive cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Artur
Germany
49074 Osnabrück
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GimliTheOulu wrote:
usuba wrote:

Great! So this is some kind of officially sanctioned overhaul of the difficulty?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Grant
United States
Cuyahoga Falls
Ohio
flag msg tools
One of the best gaming weekends in Ohio since 2010. Search facebook for "BOGA Weekend Retreat" for more info!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Johnny_Bravo wrote:
GimliTheOulu wrote:
usuba wrote:

Great! So this is some kind of officially sanctioned overhaul of the difficulty?
It's a screen grab from the rule book. I guess you could consider that official.
Legendary Encounters: Predator Rule Book
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Mills
United Kingdom
Forest Row
East Sussex
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
grant5 wrote:
Johnny_Bravo wrote:
GimliTheOulu wrote:
usuba wrote:

It's a screen grab from the rule book. I guess you could consider that official.
[filespace=119883][/filepage]
Yes there is a thread where I asked this question and the answer was it should also be used from now on for Alien. The idea is to make it more difficult

Having said that playing two player Alien 4 having no drones in the first mini deck I felt it easier not harder. This was because without the drone cards the clones never reached the combat zone

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ricketts

Ballarat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does "Skill the enemy phase." mean skip the Hive phase in Aliens?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ricketts

Ballarat
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mikeytheblack wrote:
Does "Skill the enemy phase." mean skip the Hive phase in Aliens?

All good.. Found the answer..

It's yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls