Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Loving Hardcore History with Dan Carlin
mbmbmbmbmb
I know this will be made clear in 1.1 but it's brought my current sessions to a dead stop.

Can someone please simply confirm my understanding of event cards?

One event card only can be revealed and resolved during 1 turn. If an event is resolved, ignore any further hourglasses on combat chits, and do not draw an event at end of turn.

A turn is defined as beginning with the attacker choosing his order and ends with the resolution of the end of turn event card draw (if necessary).

Event card draw can be triggered in 2 ways.

1. When drawing a combat chit for any reason depicting an hourglass, interrupt current action and draw and resolve an event card. Ignore all other information on combat chit. Then, return chit to bag (per usual) and resume the interrupted action, if still possible, including drawing another combat chit.

or

2. If no event was resolved during the the orders phases of both players, the last step of a turn demands the defender to draw one event card and resolve it. This card is played only for it's secondary event (see below).

Resolving an Event Card

If an event is drawn during the interruption of a firing unit, the card text refers to the unit being fired upon and/or the player owning that unit (what if it's a space with both enemies and friendlies?). If an event is drawn during the interruption of a valor check, the card text refers to the unit performing the valor check and/or the player owning that unit.

"You" and "your" in the event text refers to the target player as defined above.

If a card has both infantry and vehicle event, resolve only the event that matches the target unit (what if the target firing hex has both infantry and vehicles?)

If the conditions to execute the event do not exist in the current state of the game, ignore the event text and trigger the secondary event.

Secondary Event

Number and icon in corner of card indicate number of bonus activations taken by either the defender or attacker.

A bonus activation is defined as an order or a regroup. If multiple bonus activations are awarded, a single unit cannot be the recipient of more than one bonus activation. Bonus activations may be applied to already activated units, and do not prevent further activations, but function in all other ways as normal (infantry firing during a bonus activation are spent, etc.)

Bonus activations awarded to an opponent during your turn will occur immediately. Only when these activations are complete will your turn resume as normal.

Bonus activations awarded to a player during their turn are resolved after the resolution of the current order.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
I know this will be made clear in 1.1 but it's brought my current sessions to a dead stop.

Can someone please simply confirm my understanding of event cards?

As things stand now, I'll do my best.

Quote:

One event card only can be revealed and resolved during 1 turn. If an event is resolved, ignore any further hourglasses on combat chits, and do not draw an event at end of turn.

A turn is defined as beginning with the attacker choosing his order and ends with the resolution of the end of turn event card draw (if necessary).
Correct.

Quote:

Event card draw can be triggered in 2 ways.

1. When drawing a combat chit for any reason depicting an hourglass, interrupt current action and draw and resolve an event card. Ignore all other information on combat chit. Then, return chit to bag (per usual) and resume the interrupted action, if still possible, including drawing another combat chit.

or

2. If no event was resolved during the the orders phases of both players, the last step of a turn demands the defender to draw one event card and resolve it. This card is played only for it's secondary event (see below).

Correct.

Quote:

Resolving an Event Card

If an event is drawn during the interruption of a firing unit, the card text refers to the unit being fired upon and/or the player owning that unit (what if it's a space with both enemies and friendlies?). If an event is drawn during the interruption of a valor check, the card text refers to the unit performing the valor check and/or the player owning that unit.

"You" and "your" in the event text refers to the target player as defined above.

If a card has both infantry and vehicle event, resolve only the event that matches the target unit (what if the target firing hex has both infantry and vehicles?)

If the conditions to execute the event do not exist in the current state of the game, ignore the event text and trigger the secondary event.

Correct. And answering your questions: the focus unit (unless it's a you/yours sort of thing) is the target of the fire attack OR the unit making the valor check. So, if a hex contains both vehicles and infantry, it would be the one you are currently shooting at that is the focus of the event.

Quote:

Secondary Event

Number and icon in corner of card indicate number of bonus activations taken by either the defender or attacker.

A bonus activation is defined as an order or a regroup. If multiple bonus activations are awarded, a single unit cannot be the recipient of more than one bonus activation. Bonus activations may be applied to already activated units, and do not prevent further activations, but function in all other ways as normal (infantry firing during a bonus activation are spent, etc.)

Bonus activations awarded to an opponent during your turn will occur immediately. Only when these activations are complete will your turn resume as normal.

Bonus activations awarded to a player during their turn are resolved after the resolution of the current order.

All correct.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Correct. And answering your questions: the focus unit (unless it's a you/yours sort of thing) is the target of the fire attack OR the unit making the valor check. So, if a hex contains both vehicles and infantry, it would be the one you are currently shooting at that is the focus of the event.

Of course. Because they're resolved one at a time. Duh.

Thanks for the response.

Of course, I just read all this in the June 1.1 link you just gave me in the other thread. So...yes!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Clarke
United States
Hoboken
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Btw, I don't know how much revision has gone on since the current 6.15 version (are you using it as a living document?), so should I post suggestions in the 1.1 thread? Or to the document itself? Or just leave it alone until the final version is released because "too many cooks"?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Buetow
United States
McHenry
Illinois
flag msg tools
Combat Commander Archivist
badge
Move! Advance! Fire! Rout! Recover! Artillery Denied! Artillery Request! Command Confusion...say what?!
mbmbmbmbmb
aram12 wrote:
Btw, I don't know how much revision has gone on since the current 6.15 version (are you using it as a living document?), so should I post suggestions in the 1.1 thread? Or to the document itself? Or just leave it alone until the final version is released because "too many cooks"?

You can offer suggestions in this thread. It helps us keep better track of them.

Thanks for your input!

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls