Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
When rolling attack/defense, the rules state:

Quote:
the player who has the lesser value decides if they want to add one or more bombs
First, this also obviously means "shields" as well; basically discard cards to get additional dice to roll. Now, the meat of my question is the "lesser value" part of that statement. Several times in our game we ended up with tied rolls, which the defender won. I took the rule to mean we stop there as there is no "lesser value." Is this correct? Or is it meant as the "currently losing player?"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
william hessian
United States
Maine
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Chris,

Excellent question.

You are correct that bombs/shields are the same, and often are called bombs in certain situations (see also: storage bombs) and are named only dependent on whether you are attacking or defending.

The rules wording should also explain that, in the case of a tie the attacking player is considered the lesser value, since the attack is currently unsuccessful. The attacker has the option of throwing additional bombs and continuing the attack, if it were a tie.

**These changes in wording will be added to the Rulebook 1.3 version to further clarify**

Thank you!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Laudermilk
United States
Orange County
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
OK, thanks. I suspected that may be the case.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls