Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello
Played the game quite a bit when it came out and really enjoyed it ... much better then that other Z game

Anyway I kickstarted it and I also kickstarted the aftermath with all the door miniatures etc.

My question has to do with the Alpha and Beta survivors ... I know that the miniatures are just placeholders for your squad but with the new alpha and beta aftermath survivors I saw someone mention in a post that they act like squad leaders ... because their survivor card has a matching miniature, and weapon card.
How do these Leaders work ??? do they get there specific weapon automatically? Do we pick a leader at the beginning of the game before we pick our squad ... cant seem to find any rules for them ...
LEt me know
And how about the Military tiles ...any special rules for them ??

thanks in advance !!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
zee Parks
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
barbarianprince wrote:
Hello
Played the game quite a bit when it came out and really enjoyed it ... much better then that other Z game

Anyway I kickstarted it and I also kickstarted the aftermath with all the door miniatures etc.

My question has to do with the Alpha and Beta survivors ... I know that the miniatures are just placeholders for your squad but with the new alpha and beta aftermath survivors I saw someone mention in a post that they act like squad leaders ... because their survivor card has a matching miniature, and weapon card.
How do these Leaders work ??? do they get there specific weapon automatically? Do we pick a leader at the beginning of the game before we pick our squad ... cant seem to find any rules for them ...
LEt me know
And how about the Military tiles ...any special rules for them ??

thanks in advance !!

Alpha and Beta team packs included 4 new survivors each, and had 4 armory card weapons which were represented on the survivor miniatures included in their respective packs.

The Scenarios included with each pack had you start as 1 of the Alpha or Beta survivors with their respective armory card.

Else, the game played exactly like Zpocalypse core game, only that 1 of your starting survivors had a 1 to 1 card, mini and armory card.

The leader concept is somthing we are experimenting with in Zpocalypse 2, but was never really fleshed out that much in Alpha or Beta, beyond starting with those respective alpha/beta survivor setups.

If playing a zpocalypse 1 scenario, you would simply shuffle the alpha/beta survivor and armory cards into the core zpoc 1 armory/survivor decks and use them as you normally would any other zpoc 1 card.

The military tile pack was simply 3 punchboards(12 tiles) of thematically top side and underground military base. Functionally you would use them just like zmergency tiles. If playing a core zpoc game they could be shuffled into the other zpoc tiles and used like any other. In addition the Military tiles came with 5 new something's happening cards and 5 promotional armory cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.