Subject: Another Pandemic foamcore insert (plus expansions 1+2) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rocka Rolla
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
So, I've been inspired by the brilliant inserts posted here already, and decided to have a go at a pandemic insert myself. It's sort of a prototype yet. The best thing about my insert solution is that it includes a removable triple card holder with a small compartment for research stations, so you just put that next to the board along with the petri dishes and voilà, you got all you need. Unless you change roles, then you need to dig out the box again, of course.

A problem I've not been able to solve is the infamous lifted lid. My insert fits the box exactly, and both boards then need to go on top, which is just not aesthetically pleasing, even though the box will stay shut. I did not include the bio terrorist's little notebook either, because I won't ever use that. The notebook itself is a nice mechanic, but the terrorist is just meh.

(These are the little fimo meeples I made)

I will redo this insert for sleeved cards, which can be easily done:
The card holder just needs to go on the long side of the box, opposite the petri dishes, in account of the increased breadth. The cure vials go between the two, in the middle. Everything else can be moved around accordingly, there is plenty of space for that. I don't have a solution for the lifted lid yet though. Pandemic just comes with a bizarrely flat box, can't change that. Any suggestions for the final insert?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Rhoades
United States
Lawton
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
I just recently got into pandemic and got the expansion on the brink as a gift. I even been trying to find a solution to keeping it all in one box. It puzzles me as why they'd make an expansion to pretty up the original and add to it yet not to hold everything in one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rocka Rolla
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TinyMonster wrote:
I just recently got into pandemic and got the expansion on the brink as a gift. I even been trying to find a solution to keeping it all in one box. It puzzles me as why they'd make an expansion to pretty up the original and add to it yet not to hold everything in one.

I agree, they should have had it come with a box big enough to hold it all. I updated my insert to hold everything I USE from all expansions plus base game, with all cards sleeved. But as I said, I had to limit it to the stuff I actually use. And I had to use thick cardboard instead of foam core. It's pretty heavy and of course the lid is lifted, but it sits tight, you can shake it without causing chaos and it is the original box.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Cicero
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Nicely done! I like your idea of adding a notch underneath the card holders to make them easier to remove. I've never thought of doing that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Kozinski
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
The little notch is genius!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.