Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So I'm making the plunge and I have a couple questions. Are there blank spaces in the redesign like in the treasure pdf? Just want to make sure I'm not missing any. Second question is if I was going to print directly on cardstock for the treasure and spells is there a file that would just print the backing on the same sheet. Those nicer printers could do that all in one swing. Or is it still best to print and stick those too. Thanks. I wish there was a reprint instead. This is going to be pricey and time consuming. Thanks of any insight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wiedewiet
Netherlands
Tilburg
Noord-Brabant
flag msg tools
Training field technicians at trade school level
badge
“The moment you doubt whether you can fly, you cease for ever to be able to do it."
mbmbmbmbmb
On that reprint, have you seen this?
http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1410731/magic-realm-confirme...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
that Matt
United States
Ann Arbor
Michigan
flag msg tools
I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.
badge
I can feel bits of my brain falling away like wet cake.
mbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:
There is no reprint. And this is the only post anyone needs from that thread: Re: Magic Realm - Confirmed
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Wiet wrote:

Yeah I was in that thread with hopes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
baker996 wrote:
So I'm making the plunge and I have a couple questions. Are there blank spaces in the redesign like in the treasure pdf? Just want to make sure I'm not missing any. Second question is if I was going to print directly on cardstock for the treasure and spells is there a file that would just print the backing on the same sheet. Those nicer printers could do that all in one swing. Or is it still best to print and stick those too. Thanks. I wish there was a reprint instead. This is going to be pricey and time consuming. Thanks of any insight.

I'm not sure what you're talking about with regards to blank spaces. Can you clarify or show us a picture?

On your second point, I only know of the version he uploaded that is intended for cut/fold/paste. It's possible to realign them so that you can print to cardstock directly - but it's probably more work than it's worth. Make sure you note the paper size when you do the printing.

I agree that it's an expensive endeavor with regards to materials and time. It was rewarding when I did it - I hope you will have a similar feeling.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't have the pdf here but on the spells pdf on the left is the card back and the right is the spell. On the however there are spots that have nothing. I'm hoping it is just blank because the all the spells are there. It just looked odd because of where the blank ones are on the sheet. I'll try and upload the file.

Folding and cutting isn't a problem. I assume since it is already on cardstock you would just glue the two together? Unlike the others that are printing to cover paper and mounting to mat board. This sound right?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think I remember there being blank cases - so if all the spells are accounted for then I wouldn't worry about it.

Yep - but beware your chits/cards will be very thin. I folded mine over matte board (some use chipboard which is usually somewhat thinner) to give the chits a bit more heft and allow for easier pickup.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Dent
United States
Newport News
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The chits I agree and will put on matte board. The cards is where I have other thoughts. I think of a spell card like talisman or something like that. Maybe I think I'm thinking of this wrong and need to see what the original ones look like

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hector Flores
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've seen copies where the cards are folded cardstock and it works out fine. I was annoyed by how thin they were so I ended up making nearly everything on matte board. It's just personal preference, but it makes stacks of stuff in clearings easier to pick up and sort through for me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephen Rost
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For the Karim redesign, if you were to cut out each piece from the pdf's then yes, you'll have a few blank treasure cards and spell cards. I counted 10 blank treasure cards and 15 blank spell cards. The treasure cards I gave to my nephew as he likes designing his own games.

One reason that people prefer to do the print and stick method is that it seems easier to control alignment issues manually with a straightedge and good blade than trying to do a front-back print through home printers. At least that’s been my experience. As others have suggested, you also get to upgrade to matte board for the chits when you do the print and stick method.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls