Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Kemet» Forums » General

Subject: Just got Cyclades and the C3K expansion. Is it just me, or is Medusa overpowered? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Medusa (and to a lesser extent, the Minotaur) seems overpowered. I might be able to see a card like her being a good level 4 monster, but even then, the ability to prevent all protection seems a bit overwhelming- you'd easily be able to slaughter all but the largest armies.

Similarly, the Minotaur's protection seems a bit too encompassing; unlike Medusa, it's not absolute, but it still seems very powerful for a rank two monster, especially compared to the elephant who has far weaker defensive abilities, but is the same cost.

The others seem reasonably priced though... Well, maybe Cerberus could be tweaked, not sure about that one, I'll have to see how he performs in the game; seems like he could make the delta temples too easy to hold, but that could just be fixed with a house rule that says he can't go on a delta temple... But then again, would it even be worth it to buy him instead of another level 2 red tile if you can't use him on those two spaces?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joe A
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I read somewhere they weren't balanced heavily and are more for fun.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BestCheckedIn wrote:

Correct.

And since this is an auction game, if you think it is overpowered, then by all means, don't let your opponents take it !

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew B
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
BestCheckedIn wrote:

Correct.

And since this is an auction game, if you think it is overpowered, then by all means, don't let your opponents take it !

Kemet is not an auction game unless you use one of the new modules from the Kemet: Ta-Seti expansion.

I think them being overpowered in not that relevant in games with four or five players as you can convince the other players to gang up on the person that has bought them.

C3K: Creatures Crossover Cyclades/Kemet is a really good expansion when playing with five players because you acually get to have a better choice when picking monsters. If you only use the mythical creatures in the base game some people will get some really slim pickings.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabien Conus
Switzerland
Geneva
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ooops, my bad, I thought we were talking about Cyclades here, sorry.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Butler
United States
White Sands Missile Range
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
FabienC wrote:
Ooops, my bad, I thought we were talking about Cyclades here, sorry.

No, but I DID just play my first game of Cyclades; very fun, and even with only two players, the bidding mechanic was very interesting.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls