Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bwahahahahahaha! laugh

I think this deserves it's own thread...

Trump’s Lead Grows After Debate

Morning Consult wrote:
Real estate magnate Donald Trump’s lead over the Republican field grew in the several days after his performance at the first GOP presidential debate, according to a new Morning Consult survey, even after he invited a new round of scorn from fellow candidates over impolitic comments about Fox News host Megyn Kelly.

Trump leads the Republican field with 32 percent of the vote, up 7 percentage points over last week’s Morning Consult tracking poll. Trump’s nearest GOP rival, former Florida Gov. Jeb Bush, clocked in at 11 percent.

No other Republican contender reaches double digits – retired neurosurgeon Ben Carson sits in third place at 9 percent, followed by Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker and Sen. Marco Rubio (Fla.) at 6 percent.

According to a Reuters/Ipsos poll, Trump's Republican support holds strong post-debate

Quote:
Trump led the party's 17-strong 2016 presidential field with the backing of 24 percent of Republican voters, the same level of support he earned before Thursday's debate.

His closest rival, former Florida Governor Jeb Bush, trails at 12 percent, down from 17 percent before the debate. No other candidate earned more than 8 percent in the online poll, which was conducted between the end of the debate on Thursday and Sunday.

Again, BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
I want to see more polls, but it is pretty much what I expected. This poll had a pretty small sample size. There was another one over the weekend from NBC/SurveyMonkey that showed similar results, but that wasn't a real poll, it was an email survey where they try to correct for the inaccuracies of such a system, to little avail.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Be nice....laugh

Any way the supposed "winners" Kasich, Fiorina, Cruz & Rubio....ZIP no serious movement.
It's "The Donald's" race to lose.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
As a Republican, these poll results make me want to shoot blood out my whatever.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Honestly though I think there are people putting his name down to "troll" the primary process. Even I don't think hard core Republicans are this stupid. Are they?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Honestly though I think there are people putting his name down to "troll" the primary process. Even I don't think hard core Republicans are this stupid. Are they?

Can't the republicans be so pissed off at the establishment, big talk no action douchebags, that they are somewhat willing to throw support to a guy they think wont be a push over?

Maybe they want to indicate to such douchebags, that they are sick of their shit and they need to be more like this guy....
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Can't the republicans be so pissed off at the establishment, big talk no action douchebags, that they are somewhat willing to throw support to a guy they think wont be a push over?

Maybe they want to indicate to such douchebags, that they are sick of their shit and they need to be more like this guy....

Kind of like trolling.

You and I know that even were he to be elected he'd turn on a dime and act like all the other douchebags. With the added bonus of actually BEING an asshole. The whole shtick is a little 'hope and change'y' don't you think.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
C Bazler
United States
Bronx
New York
flag msg tools
"Come, and trip it as you go..."
badge
"...on the light fantastic toe."
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm no longer laughing. I am becoming disturbed. Who are these people? What could they possibly be thinking? U.S. politics has really become as dignified as reality TV.

If elected, will he meet our expectations by emblazoning the name "TRUMP" across the White House façade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:

I don't think people are "trolling". Sure some people are lying about who they would actually vote for, but that type of attitude just isn't pervasive enough to get Trump to 25 to 35% of the voters in the polls.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shawn Fox
United States
Richardson
Texas
flag msg tools
Question everything
mbmbmbmbmb
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Time to face the truth... Republican voters are as stupid as the liberals claim. What more proof do we need?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Kind of like trolling.

You and I know that even were he to be elected he'd turn on a dime and act like all the other douchebags. With the added bonus of actually BEING an asshole. The whole shtick is a little 'hope and change'y' don't you think.

Isnt that how Obama got elected?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Junior McSpiffy
United States
Riverton
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
I'm no longer laughing. I am becoming disturbed. Who are these people? What could they possibly be thinking? U.S. politics has really become as dignified as reality TV.

If elected, will he meet our expectations by emblazoning the name "TRUMP" across the White House façade?

"This is now the best White House ever! The greatest and classiest capital building you will find anywhere!"
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
S C
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing the debate highlighted to me is that social conservatives are basically anti-SJWs. They are the opposite but also the same. They want to ban anything that they don't agree with when they really should get their noses out of other peoples business. It doesn't harm you if someone wants an abortion etc so who cares?

Pretty much horseshoe theory in action to be honest and leads to a horrible election choice between 'stop the (imaginary) war on women' Clinton and 'Women look good on their knees' Trump. They are both caricatures of their two sides, toxic and unelectable.

I'm frankly glad I don't live in a country where these two clowns can be in charge.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Kind of like trolling.

Isnt that how Obama got elected?

Yes, he promised to be different kind of politician and yes it could work for Donald and put him in the Whitehouse. The fabulously EPIC level of fail his presidency would be... astounding.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
J
United States
Lexington
Kentucky
flag msg tools
admin
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't wait to see who he picks for a running mate!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Russell
United States
Clarkston
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
cbazler wrote:
U.S. politics has really become as dignified as reality TV.

I thought reality TV used politicians as a model!

It would be fun to watch Trump as Prez and he couldn't be that much worse than a community organizer or minor league baseball team owner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
jmilum wrote:
I can't wait to see who he picks for a running mate!

The son with the slicked-back hair I'll bet. (definitely some sycophant.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rcbevco wrote:
Be nice....laugh

Any way the supposed "winners" Kasich, Fiorina, Cruz & Rubio....ZIP no serious movement.
It's "The Donald's" race to lose.

Wha-!? Dude, Fiorina is a big winner. In some poll she went from 1% to 3%.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Professor of Pain
United States
St. Joseph
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sfox wrote:
TheDashi wrote:
rcbevco wrote:

Time to face the truth... Republican voters are as stupid as the liberals claim. What more proof do we need?

Is stupid the right term? There must be more appropriate terms. I'm trying to think of them....

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John McGeehan
United States
Manchester
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
One thing fascinating about Trump's participation is that it's forcing some candidates to actually walk back their positions in those situations where their positions actually mimicked Trump's - at least until now.

For example, the Great Wall on the southern border; while many candidates have been fervent believers in building such a wall, some of those same candidates are almost being forced to defend illegal immigrants from Trump (I did like Trump's reference to putting a very nice door in the wall for legal immigrants, though).

That is, Trump's existence is actually pushing candidates who used to espouse nearly identical positions on some issues to moderate their views - which in turn is pushing voters that identify with those positions from their camps, into Trump's.

I think this is why the "If you lose, will you pledge to support the party's nominee no matter what?" answer of "No!" didn't hurt him. I know many Republican voters that are fed up with the prospect of repeatedly nominating "electable" candidates that don't energize the base, but that they're supposed to vote for because of the (R) next to their name (note - many Democratic voters are feeling the same way about Hillary Clinton). His answer of "If I don't believe that candidate is best for America, why should I pledge to support them?" resonates with a lot of people. It's sort of a "Are we in this for America, or for a party?" answer. Now, in the end he may not run third-party, but I think there's a resonance there that the "Establishment Candidates" (from BOTH parties) don't like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam I am
United States
Portage
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
What did I tell you...
badge
NO PICKLE!
mb
Tripling her poll number whoo doggies!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Trey Stone
United States
Texarkana
Texas
flag msg tools
May the bikini be with you!
badge
I destroy SJWs!
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump's positions aren't the problematic part of his candidacy. His insistence on dealing with the illegal immigrant issue, rather than just ignoring it and pretending it will solve itself, is not an unreasonable position at all.

His problem is his manner in addressing it. And the debates are starting to reveal he isn't particularly well informed beyond a certain narrow range.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
CHAPEL
United States
Round Rock
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"that's a smith and wesson, and you've had your six"
mbmbmbmbmb
Man, Trump is the best thing to happen to Democrats in a long time. Go Trump, keep it coming.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom McVey
United States
SF Bay Area
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
PPP has the Trumpinator's favorables up in Iowa, with him still in the lead.

Also, Fiorina is at 10% in Iowa; she wasn't even in the horse race question before. HP alumni better start giving money for the negative ads, 'cos she's starting to look like the default VP pick.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Stiles
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Shaman
mbmbmbmbmb
Tarrant wrote:
One thing fascinating about Trump's participation is that it's forcing some candidates to actually walk back their positions in those situations where their positions actually mimicked Trump's - at least until now.

For example, the Great Wall on the southern border; while many candidates have been fervent believers in building such a wall, some of those same candidates are almost being forced to defend illegal immigrants from Trump (I did like Trump's reference to putting a very nice door in the wall for legal immigrants, though).

That is, Trump's existence is actually pushing candidates who used to espouse nearly identical positions on some issues to moderate their views - which in turn is pushing voters that identify with those positions from their camps, into Trump's.

I think this is why the "If you lose, will you pledge to support the party's nominee no matter what?" answer of "No!" didn't hurt him. I know many Republican voters that are fed up with the prospect of repeatedly nominating "electable" candidates that don't energize the base, but that they're supposed to vote for because of the (R) next to their name (note - many Democratic voters are feeling the same way about Hillary Clinton). His answer of "If I don't believe that candidate is best for America, why should I pledge to support them?" resonates with a lot of people. It's sort of a "Are we in this for America, or for a party?" answer. Now, in the end he may not run third-party, but I think there's a resonance there that the "Establishment Candidates" (from BOTH parties) don't like.

Wait. This implies that Trump is the best thing to happen to the GOP in decades!

Awesome!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.