Churchill» Forums » Rules

Subject: Conference Card exceeding maximum reserve placement? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Eric Rind
United States
California
flag msg tools
Hello all. Ran into another issue when placing the cubes. Because Conference Card instructions (5.11) are carried out prior to Axis Reserve Placement (7.61), and 7.61 has a maximum associated with it, is it possible to have 7 German armies or 5 Japanese armies on the Military display? Or are those additional cubes that come in the box meant to be extras to replace lost cubes? Thank you for the help.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe the 14 cubes listed in the rules (6 black for German army reserves; 4 khaki for Japanese army reserves; 3 gray for Axis navy reserves; 1 dark brown for Italian army reserve) are the limit of the reserve cubes available for placing; you place as many as you can. If you run out of cubes and are unable to place a cube in the priority list, it doesn't get placed. However, this opinion is just me reading the rules over and over and over while waiting for my reserved copy to appear at my FLGS later this week. So yes, the extras are spares.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rutgerseng wrote:
Hello all. Ran into another issue when placing the cubes. Because Conference Card instructions (5.11) are carried out prior to Axis Reserve Placement (7.61), and 7.61 has a maximum associated with it, is it possible to have 7 German armies or 5 Japanese armies on the Military display? Or are those additional cubes that come in the box meant to be extras to replace lost cubes? Thank you for the help.

I do not understand how this occurs. The Conference card comes first and if a priority calls for more blocks than you have remaining, then you move as many as you can. That said, I am not sure that the mathematically can occur, but I could be wrong, can you be very specific?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Patterson
United States
Iowa City
Iowa
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DaveyJJ wrote:
I believe the 14 cubes listed in the rules (6 black for German army reserves; 4 khaki for Japanese army reserves; 3 gray for Axis navy reserves; 1 dark brown for Italian army reserve) are the limit of the reserve cubes available for placing; you place as many as you can. If you run out of cubes and are unable to place a cube in the priority list, it doesn't get placed. However, this opinion is just me reading the rules over and over and over while waiting for my reserved copy to appear at my FLGS later this week. So yes, the extras are spares.

There is, I think, a spare for every wooden and plastic piece in the game; I put all my spares in a separate bag to avoid confusion with what the instructions suggest is a component limit.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Janik-Jones
Canada
Waterloo
Ontario
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
In ancient times cats were worshipped as gods; they have not forgotten this | Transgender pride | Unconditional love, pride, and support | LGBTQ Ally | The Raven King (game publisher) ... that's me!
badge
Slywester Janik, awarded the Krzyż Walecznych (Polish Cross of Valour), August 1944
mbmbmbmbmb
jpat wrote:
There is, I think, a spare for every wooden and plastic piece in the game; I put all my spares in a separate bag to avoid confusion with what the instructions suggest is a component limit.
Great idea. I'll do the same (hopefully later this week, when the copies hit store shelves here).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rind
United States
California
flag msg tools
Please forgive me, I don't have the game with me at the moment and I cannot find a list of them online. There is a conference (7,8, or 9. Sorry, my memory is bad) where the text calls for the placement of a German reserve in the Eastern Front. Does this black cube come from the pool of 6 black cubes allotted for the War Phase (7.61), or does it come from the total pool of 7 black cubes which came in the box? Essentially, is this 7th black cube (and 5th khaki cube for that matter) strictly a spare? In our latest play-through we did not use the spare cubes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Rind
United States
California
flag msg tools
jpat wrote:

I'm a slow typist and you guys helped while I was attempting to post. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rutgerseng wrote:
Please forgive me, I don't have the game with me at the moment and I cannot find a list of them online. There is a conference (7,8, or 9. Sorry, my memory is bad) where the text calls for the placement of a German reserve in the Eastern Front. Does this black cube come from the pool of 6 black cubes allotted for the War Phase (7.61), or does it come from the total pool of 7 black cubes which came in the box? Essentially, is this 7th black cube (and 5th khaki cube for that matter) strictly a spare? In our latest play-through we did not use the spare cubes.

The component list mentions 6 black cubes. So you can be sure that in game terms, any extra cubes are non-existent and "just" spares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Sherlock
United States
Anaheim Hills
California
flag msg tools
badge
Admin @ www.cigargeeks.com
mbmbmbmbmb
The only case that I can see where you could run out of pieces is Conference 2, by drwing the Kursk event if the allies won the battle of the Atlantic in Conference 1. Still, you should do your placements in order, so the Germans just won't have the one cube to place on the Atlantic Wall. Life gets real easy for the Western and Southern Fronts. The Eastern one, not so much.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark Herman
United States
New York
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
rutgerseng wrote:

The rules have the correct amount, you never have more than 6 German reserves, 1 German navy reserve, 1 Italian reserve, 4 Japanese Reserves, 2 Japanese navy reserves.

Put the extras away is my best advise.

Mark

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls