Subject: Separate Rules Set rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Are there any plans by Ares to publish a separate Rules and Accessories Pack (like the ones for WINGS OF GLORY WW1/WW2) including everything but not ship models in the near future?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
No point.

Rules available here: http://www.aresgames.eu/get/SGN001A-Rulebook-EN-V1.03-web.pd...

And they already sell token sets & Ship's Mats separately:
http://www.aresgames.eu/games/sails-of-glory-line/sails-of-g...
http://www.aresgames.eu/games/sails-of-glory-line/sails-of-g...

All you're missing at that point is the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I see that a little different. Like the Packs for WGF/WGS everything you need to play is there (there are no cards, wind compass ,etc. available for sale I think) but without the ships (which I don't like). I would buy one Rules and Accessories Pack and those ships I like to have and don't need to pay for the whole Starter Set. It's more "consumer friendly".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd France
United States
flag msg tools
IF ONLY I had a plan...
badge
The lesser of two evils?
mbmbmbmbmb
The compass and whatnot are available in the token set. If you're asking about the maneuver cards, they have no plan to package them separately, as they like to sell ships with them, but so long as you're willing to purchase a ship they are also readily available. FWIW Wings of Glory hasn't had a "cards only" release since the restructuring under Ares.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Waspinator
United States
St Louis
Missouri
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you're wanting maneuver cards without buying ships, no they're not doing that. They want you to buy the ships.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sven Christmas
Germany
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now I'm getting it. The two attitude indicators and the wind gauge are included in the Additional Counter Set. Therefor I only to buy one Additional Counter Set and one Additional Ship Mats to get into the game (besides Game Mat and ships)?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Minot
North Dakota
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I think so.

Though by the time you buy all that, plus 4 ships, you will be spending at least $10 more than just buying the starter set (and still have to pay to print of the rules, if you want those).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mayor Jim
United States
Fort Wright
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
Vote Often!
mbmbmbmbmb
NimitsTexan wrote:
I think so.

Though by the time you buy all that, plus 4 ships, you will be spending at least $10 more than just buying the starter set (and still have to pay to print of the rules, if you want those).
Agree...just buy the base game and go from there meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Duke
United States
Wynne
Arkansas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I knew I wanted to do bigger games and would want extra ship mats, extra damage counters, and all that. it was actually a better price to buy TWO starter sets than it was to go for all the extra stuff. The fact that each ship has 'two personalities" made it even more viable.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.