Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Leron T
United States
Beaverton
OR
flag msg tools
mbmb
I played a friend's copy of Dead Drop and really enjoyed the concept of the game. Not just deducing the piece of missing information, but working the cards so that you have what you need to claim it!

The huge assortment of theme decks was also a fun addition, but it made me realize that the theme of the cards themselves detracted from my enjoyment of the game's theme. How could the dead drop itself be a person, and how does having people in my hand give me access to the drop?

I decided a retheme was in order to make the game's mechanics and theme more compatible with each other.

In my re-theme, the cards are dossiers with helpful tools. A cipher, a safe combination, some microfilm. All of these could simultaneously be something a spy has, and something a spy could target. The drop itself goes into the silver business card briefcase and is passed from player to player (to keep track of who the active player is), if you want to grab the drop, say so, then take a peek inside the briefcase. So if you've figured out that the briefcase holds a safe combination... You also know that you'll need a microphone watch and a cipher, or a set of blueprints and some microfilm to get to it first.

This message will now self destruct... Just kidding.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric D
United States
Alpharetta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Awesome.

I too love the game but the theme was not as spycraft as I had hoped.

Yours looks incredible!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls