Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey fellas -- I'm fine with "bumping" others for their turn via email…

But I'll start this thread so we have a place where we can chat, or just as likely from me, add colorful commentary and thematic story-telling… laugh

As I said, I am ok with email turn notifications (email that feeds to the phone means it's pretty instantaneous), but Fun stuff, general questions, or lively conversation here.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
Bless the Maker and His water... Bless the coming and going of Him... May His passage cleanse the world...
mbmbmbmbmb
(Borrowed from Neil's introductory email, for anyone interested in following along...)

Optional Rules: as is habitual for our group, we're going to play with both card displays and with rule 4.2f 'Genetic Drift', but without rule 4.2e 'Roadrunner Action'. Remember - only the Lower Display draws from the period decks and triggers the event on the new card being drawn.

I randomised the player colours and turn order in the Set-up log and we have:

1. Brett --- Red (dino-crocs, 2-teeth) log file names = 1.1 Red, 2.1 Red, etc
2. Mike --- White (two-tusker synapsid, 5-teeth) 1.2 Orange, etc
3. Neil --- Green (chisel-lizard diapsid, 4-teeth) 1.3 Green, etc
4. Phil --- Orange (dog-faced cynodonts, 3-teeth) 1.4 Green, etc

That turn order's also available under the Notes button in-game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Here's our world at the start of the Triassic - I've seen worse.. this is fairly inviting.

And here are the initial evolutionary options:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
10 million years into the Triassic and the Tuskers have enlarged caecums, the chisellers are needle-beaked phytosauromorphs, the dog-faces are adrenaline-fuelled and the Dino-Crocs have grown tentacles and started hoarding food. All are at population 1 and non-one's above 100kg.

Brett, what form do the Dino-Croc's tentacles take?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I am fairly certain that I did this correctly… (You can click through my entire turn, I checked like 3 times).

Also, I was unaware I had to load each player's turn and click through to update the game state. Looks like we're golden, I'm pretty sure I've got it nailed, now. Just clunkier than I thought.

I'm thinking the Dino-Crocs look a bit like a tentacled bat-lizard… Almost like a Facehugger from Alien. Central body, with a mess of tentacles on either side. Small creatures, the size of a large squirrel, and able to forage amphibiously, they sneak up on prey, and wrap themselves around smaller creatures, consuming them alive while holding them in place.

They are also fond of stashing meals for later, after the enzymes and bacteria have begun to breakdown their meal.

But now, they're taking on Diambodont Cheeck Teeth… Hmmm...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well some insectivorous bats have dilambdodont cheek teeth, so your tentacle-lizards can make good use of them on homeland myriapods and dragonfly and their larvae in the Quillwort Marsh... (there's Odonata ovipositor damage on Triassic quillwort fossils...).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just a quick snapshot of the board (but not player mats)

Just after Dino-Croc's move, Turn 7.

Mike - 2T are up!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Two-Tusker Migrates again. This time to the Cycadeoid Biome.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
My needlefaced phytosauromorphs (3 AMA) go and smash open clams with their mace-like heads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
You guessed it. I migrated again. This time to the Cycad Thicket.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are a lot more animeeples on the board than a few turns ago…
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Two-tusker took the Blood-Hound nose and discarded it for the gene. This apparently prompted a solar flare (who knew, right?) which opened the Atlantic Rift and lowered the greenhouse level to 200ppm. Now only sea animals may cross the rift.

As this is my first game, I thought I'd leave the biome movement to Neil. I wasn't sure how the tropics biome movement should behave.

brrrmanza wrote:
There are a lot more animeeples on the board than a few turns ago…

I think I fixed that for you. whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Well it could have been worse... But I'm afraid my Needlefaces, having lost their homeland, were pretty mean to Red's Tentaculars.

Here's the board:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Shit just got really real….

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Solar Flare immediately followed by an Asteroid Impact.

We've hit the Cenozoic during the Triassic.

My needlefaces are grateful that they're still around to headsmash clams.

Especially as there are no homelands to Lazarus into...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Hunnicutt
United States
Arden
North Carolina
flag msg tools
mbmb
Wow. Sorry. I had my my move recorded, last night, but had network problems. Anyway, my recording of my log file was interrupted and I'm not sure it made a difference. If you find the file corrupted or something, the only thing I did was discard the leftmost card in the top row for its gene. Done and done. Sorry for the delay. Real life sometimes isn't as fun as a Phil Eklund game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Holy cow. I Lazarused back in…

What a flash in the Pan. Mike, 2T.

I want to see some power moves…

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
N Edmond
United Kingdom
Brockley
London
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Woah there! You speak/die too soon. Those Sabre-toothed Cats would never have made it to the displaced Larch Forest and its herbivores, as it's all the way down in the Horse Latitudes - they'd have starved to death in the northern wastes.

Immigrants, as summarized on the Player Aid on the back of the rule book: "Place into lowest-climax habitable habitat in the latitude specified on the tile."

They don't stray beyond, regardless of the latitude symbol on any tiles.

So: LIVE AGAIN NEST-BUILDING CROCOTHINGS!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brett Burleigh II
United States
Columbus
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh crap, you're right! I completely missed that.... lol. I just saw the arctic symbols and went for it.

Yay! Back on the board! Sorry for scaring off a phytosaur, but ya know, a croc's gotta eat.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls