Casey S
msg tools
24 Masterminds......How do they rank?

All Powerful MASTERMINDS 1-5

1. Galactus- His Masterstrikes eat the world.
2. Thanos- No GOG? You might have some issues. Shards are key.
3. Apocalypse- If he stays immortal. You are doomed.
4. Prof. X.- Sneaky and Crafty. Very difficult to defeat.
5. Goblin Queen- She can get very powerful, very quickly. Careful now.

Nightmare Masterminds 6-10

6. Zombie Green Goblin- His Deadlands crew are hard..so is he.
7. Wasteland Hulk- Was used as the baddie in the 10K Legendary Tourney
8. Stryfe- Too high on this list? I'm 1-4 against him.
9. Mr.Sinister- Hide the bystanders!
10.Kree Super Intelligence- Shards make him elusive

Tyrant Masterminds 11-15

11. Uru Enchanted IronMan- Uru Weapons make him unpredictable.
12. Nick Fury- His Avengers group make him formidable
13. Kingpin- Pro tip. Use Hero Nick Fury to get plenty of recruit to win.
14. Nimrod- Pushover? Until you lose that is.
15. Memphisto- No MK hero? Get a bandaid for your wounds

Enraged Masterminds 16-20

16. Odin- Defeat his Asguardian Warriors. you should have an easy win.
17. Mysterio- He keeps coming back! Careful or you might play to a draw.
18. Carnage- FEAST
19. Dr. Doom- Load up on tech heroes for the victory
20. Mole-Man- Should he be higher? Sometimes a tricky enemy

Distracted Masterminds 21-24

21. Loki- 10 strike and you win. No frills here.
22. Dr. Strange- Seems too easy
23. Magneto- One X hero in your stack neuters him
24. RedSkull- Try out your hero deck against him to learn synergy
before you try a tougher test.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dale Stephenson
United States
Buford
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr. Strange is brutal in advanced solo, as he shortens the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Casey S
msg tools
Dr. Strange is tough solo. However these rankings are based on a 2-4 player experience. His toughness factor in Solo is enough to rank him higher on this list based on that alone. Good call out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Only played Nimrod from Secret Wars so far, but that all seems reasonable. Might bump Uru Iron Man up a notch. Could be an average 16 Attack late game, and God help you if the last few cards in the Villain deck are beefy.

EDIT: And swap Doom and Loki. Doom's Strike isn't all that bad, but Loki can clog you with Wounds fast.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rachael
United States
Williamsburg
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My experience has been different than almost everything in the top post.

I didn't log things at first, but for the past few months, I've been logging every game based on MM/CMNDR and Scheme/Plot. I've done every MM/CMNDR before Secret Wars with at least 4 different Schemes/Plots and a lot depends on that (and of course Hero deck makeup).

That said, I personally think Odin is the hardest MM/CMNDR in the game before Secret Wars. My record against him is under 40%. A lot of that was trying to take him down with Clone Saga (4 loses before 1 win). But switching that to 1 lose only puts me at exactly 50% with him.

My records with Apocalypse and Iron Man are both just under 50% right now. Everyone else is about 60% or higher. I've got 100% victory against Stryfe, Mr. Sinister, and Kree Supreme Intell so I'd definitely put them much lower than you've got them.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Sexton
United States
Pikeville
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say in solo Mysterio is one of the toughest masterminds. I have winning percentages on all of the meanest of the mean (galactus, thanos, apoc) but fighting Mysterio 10 times in a single game gives me the most problems without the right hero line up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Bratty wrote:
My experience has been different than almost everything in the top post.

I didn't log things at first, but for the past few months, I've been logging every game based on MM/CMNDR and Scheme/Plot. I've done every MM/CMNDR before Secret Wars with at least 4 different Schemes/Plots and a lot depends on that (and of course Hero deck makeup).

That said, I personally think Odin is the hardest MM/CMNDR in the game before Secret Wars. My record against him is under 40%. A lot of that was trying to take him down with Clone Saga (4 loses before 1 win). But switching that to 1 lose only puts me at exactly 50% with him.

My records with Apocalypse and Iron Man are both just under 50% right now. Everyone else is about 60% or higher. I've got 100% victory against Stryfe, Mr. Sinister, and Kree Supreme Intell so I'd definitely put them much lower than you've got them.

Odin is very tough. I'm with you on that one. Carnage with The Clone Saga and a bunch of villain groups that KO cards is a very difficult Mastermind to defeat.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rauli Kettunen
Finland
Oulu
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No, not him again tier:

Apocalypse 5-6

Time to roll up the sleeves:

Galactus 4-2
Mole Man 4-2

One sleeve at least (parenthesis numbers for base only, so all of them became easier ever since Dark City was added):

Dr. Doom 14-7 (6-4)
Loki 13-8 (5-5)
Magneto 14-7 (6-4)

Pushovers:

all the rest from base, Dark City and PtTR

win/loss record against the rest being 70-4

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Rosenbaum
Israel
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously YMMV depending on set-ups you've played through.

For me, I've beaten Sinister most times I've fought against him. I've also got a pretty good record against Galactus.
Mysterio, on the other hand, should be much higher for me. He seems easy, but he just refuses to die. And we played Mephisto with Legacy Virus. Then we cried.

Oh, and I have yet to beat Apocalypse. Not once. I hate him. My Apocalypse card looks like this:

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Green
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I too think Mysterio should be higher up, and Moleman too, with the right scheme that Masterstrike can be really tough.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Gray
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
IronSyndicate wrote:
Obviously YMMV depending on set-ups you've played through.

For me, I've beaten Sinister most times I've fought against him. I've also got a pretty good record against Galactus.
Mysterio, on the other hand, should be much higher for me. He seems easy, but he just refuses to die. And we played Mephisto with Legacy Virus. Then we cried.

Oh, and I have yet to beat Apocalypse. Not once. I hate him. My Apocalypse card looks like this:

You're not alone. I haven't beat Apoc yet either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Palmer
United States
Athens
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I still remember a time my brother had thinned his deck down really really slim. And a combination of Apocalypses master strike and his "The End of All Things Tactic" my brother ended up with a deck that the only thing it could do was generate 2 attack.

He looked so sad.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls