Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Hawkins
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
In the rules, under Test Commander, it says: If negative, the Commander fails and the Infected player may draw a Damage token of their
choice.

I'd like to confirm that this can be any type of damage token - shield, outpost or fatigue.

I'd also like to confirm that if it is a shield damage token, then you also test the shields.

On page 15, under Testing The Shields there is a pretty comprehensive list of the ways that shield damage can occur, however, Test Commander is not listed.

Thanks,
Pete
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eduardo Cruz
Portugal
Arcozelo - Vila Nova de Gaia
Porto
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I would say yes to both.
Whenever a shield token is added (for whatever reason), you have to test the shields.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dugy wrote:
Whenever a shield token is added (for whatever reason), you have to test the shields.
And just to be overly specific, it is "whenever shield token(s) are added you have to test shields".

If you are to add 2 shields you add them first and then do the test. Though this isn't relevant in this situation I think this rule will end up being one that is confused often.

Test Commander isn't listed specifically because it is falls under infection powers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hawkins
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Billgrant wrote:
[q="Dugy"]Test Commander isn't listed specifically because it is falls under infection powers.

Energy Spike is listed and it is an infection power.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Grant
United States
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeteHawkins wrote:
Billgrant wrote:
[q="Dugy"]Test Commander isn't listed specifically because it is falls under infection powers.

Energy Spike is listed and it is an infection power.
Point taken... It was probably just an oversight but maybe someone else can officially weigh-in.

Test Commander allows you to draw 1 token of your choice (shield/fatigue/outpost). If this is the 2nd-5th shield tokens you will be testing the shields. (If the first, no test. If the sixth, game over.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Evan Derrick
United States
Franklin
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, if you choose Test Commander and the Commander fails the roll, you may choose a Shield token and then test the shields. If that test fails, you may then draw another token (either Outpost or Fatigue).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete Hawkins
United States
San Luis Obispo
CA
flag msg tools
mbmb
Thanks for the confirmation.
 Thumb up