Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
B Mack
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I backed the Kickstarter and the shipment arrived in perfect condition on first inspection. Sadly it turns out that the base game is missing the entire pack of 129 Trait Cards. I've already fired off an email to North Star but am just curious if anyone has had this issue or am I the only lucky one?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Gamer

Maryland
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I received my boxes today - and the base game had two identical decks of trait cards, so I'm missing half of the traits
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry BarronMiller
United States
Des Moines
Iowa
flag msg tools
I am missing the cards and the rulebook.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
Please let customer service know by going to www.NorthStarGames.com and clicking on the "Contact Us" tab. He will make everything better as soon as possible.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
B Mack
United States
Warrenton
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
From the time I sent my email to customer support at North Star it took a mere 40 minutes for Jonathan to contact me back to rectify the situation and let me know he was sending out the replacement deck ASAP. That right there is amazing customer service. Thanks for the insanely fast follow up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danscot2 wrote:
I received my boxes today - and the base game had two identical decks of trait cards, so I'm missing half of the traits
Jax Hammer wrote:
Yeah, I have two "Ambush-Fertile" decks, but no "Foraging-Warning Call" cards. No rulebook, either. Oh well, at least nothing seems to be bent or broken. Looks like I'll be contacting NorthStar next.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
Please let customer service know by going to www.NorthStarGames.com and clicking on the "Contact Us" tab. He will make everything better as soon as possible.

Just FYI:
When I submit a message using the "Contact Us" form, there's no feedback, such as an automated email or even a splash page, to confirm that my message has been received. It just clears the form. So I think I've requested replacement cards and a rulebook (twice actually), but I have no way of knowing whether the form worked.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
North Star Games designs party games that don't suck! Play them with your non-gamer friends over the holidays.
badge
First there was Hearts, then there was Spades, and now we bring you Clubs. The suit of clubs finally gets some respect!
mbmbmbmbmb
mgabbert wrote:
domcrap wrote:

Just FYI:
When I submit a message using the "Contact Us" form, there's no feedback, such as an automated email or even a splash page, to confirm that my message has been received. It just clears the form. So I think I've requested replacement cards and a rulebook (twice actually), but I have no way of knowing whether the form worked.

Thanks for the feedback. I've passed it along to the person managing our website.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Danscot2 wrote:
This happened to me too. Submitted a support request a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet. To be fair I sent it at night after hours, so it's really only been almost 2 business days, not 3. They must be swamped right now.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mgabbert wrote:
domcrap wrote:

Just FYI:

I've been informed that it says: "Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you as soon as possible."

But it's not as prominent as we would like, so it's on our long list of things to get to "as soon as we can". But keep in mind there are things on that list that are over 5 years old!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Danscot2 wrote:
This happened to me too. Submitted a support request a couple days ago but haven't heard back yet. To be fair I sent it at night after hours, so it's really only been almost 2 business days, not 3. They must be swamped right now.
Quick update: sent a follow-up email and Jonathan replied within minutes. He's putting in a superhuman effort tackling all these support requests single-handedly.

Speaking of, he'll have a much easier job if for your next KS you use a better fulfillment company. Looks like this one has done some pretty shoddy work for you, which in the end reflects poorly on NSG.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Quick update: sent a follow-up email and Jonathan replied within minutes. He's putting in a superhuman effort tackling all these support requests single-handedly.

Speaking of, he'll have a much easier job if for your next KS you use a better fulfillment company. Looks like this one has done some pretty shoddy work for you, which in the end reflects poorly on NSG.

Yeah, we're not pleased with them in the slightest. In fact, I'm quite upset and frustrated. angry
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
domcrap wrote:
mgabbert wrote:
domcrap wrote:

Just FYI:

I've been informed that it says: "Thanks for contacting us! We'll get back to you as soon as possible."

But it's not as prominent as we would like, so it's on our long list of things to get to "as soon as we can". But keep in mind there are things on that list that are over 5 years old!

Okay, I definitely missed that. Both times. blush

Thanks for looking into it!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Gabbert
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mgabbert wrote:
Danscot2 wrote:
Jax Hammer wrote:
Yeah, I have two "Ambush-Fertile" decks, but no "Foraging-Warning Call" cards. No rulebook, either. Oh well, at least nothing seems to be bent or broken. Looks like I'll be contacting NorthStar next.

Just to close the loop here, I have received the missing cards and rulebook. Yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
Just got a copy from Barnes and Noble and its missing all the cards...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
shake

Please contact customer service on the "Contact Us" tab on our website. Thanks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Raymond Morehouse
United States
Redlands
California
flag msg tools
mbmb
B&N kindly let me open another one to see if there were cards. There were! Apparently there is a product recall on Evolution, so they were going to send games back anyway.

I really, really love the game, so I am very happy they had an intact copy.

NSG is aware that retail copies are compromised as well, I guess...?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dominic Crapuchettes
United States
Bethesda
MD
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Soldier wrote:
B&N kindly let me open another one to see if there were cards. There were! Apparently there is a product recall on Evolution, so they were going to send games back anyway.

I really, really love the game, so I am very happy they had an intact copy.

NSG is aware that retail copies are compromised as well, I guess...?

This is the first I've heard of the issue. I'll forward this thread to Satish...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B.
msg tools
mbmb
Danscot2 wrote:

This is exactly the same thing that happened to me. I got mine a while ago, but only broke it open today to play for the first time. I was sure I was going crazy!

I sent them a message on Kickstarter, but I suppose I could contact them through the website also.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan B.
msg tools
mbmb
mgabbert wrote:

I got your cards! I got two Foraging-Warning Call decks and no Ambush-Fertile decks! Hope we can both be playing soon!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lochi Lochi
Spain
Madrid
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
mpenguin wrote:
mgabbert wrote:

I got your cards! I got two Foraging-Warning Call decks and no Ambush-Fertile decks! Hope we can both be playing soon!

Exact same thing happening to me as well

I don't have the invoice with me so I'll try to get it and contact NSG ASAP.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls