Hide
5 Posts

Android: Netrunner» Forums » Rules

Subject: Quick Turntable question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steven Givens
msg tools
When Turntable triggers, the agenda that you originally accessed is already in your score area, correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
pants on head wrote:
When Turntable triggers, the agenda that you originally accessed is already in your score area, correct?
since Turntable targets a stolen agenda, i would say yes, but it's sort of nebulous as to whether or not you can interrupt its trip to the score area with the swapping.

EDIT: either way, i'm curious as to what card interaction this would matter to though. the closest thing that comes to mind is Human First, but that doesn't care about the agenda being in the runner's score area, just being stolen
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steven Givens
msg tools
It's more of a hypothetical game rules question, because if the scored agenda that you swap never enters your score area, then you could have a situation where the runner could swap an agenda in such way as to make both players be at or above 7 agenda points, which is not covered by the rules of Netrunner.

Now obviously, that would be a stupid play on the part of the runner, but I believe the rules of the game need to be able to handle ANY situation that could come up, even the stupid ones.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Morris
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
This is mathematically impossible. In order for the Runner to win off swapping with Turntable, the agenda swapped in would have to be worth more points than the agenda swapped out, which by definition means the corp must end up with less points.

It's halfway possible with Vanity Project, which is worth less points for the Runner than it is for the Corp, but we'd also need an agenda of some kind that was the opposite of that (worth less points for the Corp).

In that hypothetical situation, the game would end in a tie just like the oddball situation of Medtech vs. Employee Strike. Interestingly, the tournament rules can handle the tie game situation, but the core rules do not offer this as a possible game outcome. Presumably Lukas will add it to the FAQ after Data & Destiny releases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dapperghast Meowregard
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
jakodrako wrote:
This is mathematically impossible.
Only if you score the agenda first, hence the OP's question I assume. Otherwise runner and corp at 4, steals a Government Takeover, swaps with a 3 pointer, both at 7.

But yeah, I'm pretty sure as per the actual rules you'd score and win immediately before turntable triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls