Subject: [Berkeley, CA] 3rd Game Designer Night at Hotel Durant rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jorgen S
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mb
We meet every Thursday for game nights at Hotel Durant - This Thursday is our 3rd game designer night.

As usually you can come and play games for free, but on this evening you'll also meet game designers that have brought their game prototypes for you to play.

if you are a game designer; this is your chance to warm up for the Locally Grown Game Sunday event at Games of Berkeley. (Next event Aug 16.)

For updates and to sign up for the event: https://www.facebook.com/events/760503934061036/

Hope to see you there!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
The Honorable Salmon P. Chase
mbmbmbmbmb
Jorgen, have you considered creating a Berkeley Geek Guild?

About 15% of the West forum posts are for your events. Seems like you organize more than enough game nights to move posts to a dedicated Berkeley/Bay guild.

Very impressed with the amount of events you advertise!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen S
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mb
Thank you!

A guild is a function here on BGG? I'm still figuring out this site.

If my advertising is too frequent I'm happy to cut down. More time to play games. :-D
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Guilds are kind of like a private forum. People can join the guild for free, and game collections are pooled, so you can see all the games of the collection.

If people don't join, they can still subscribe to the guild and see forum posts for game nights, or other discussions. I think it's a great way to organize game groups/clubs and encourage group members to interact here on BGG.

It cost 10 geek gold to create a guild, but I've tipped you that, so you can do it for no cost to you or the Gamers of Berkeley.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sam

California
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I don't see an issue with advertising gaming events.

Don't new replies bump up an older post? You could have a master post, and make updates as replies to it for specific theme nights or other new information.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
WereSloth wrote:

Don't new replies bump up an older post? You could have a master post, and make updates as replies to it for specific theme nights or other new information.

Another good idea. This would let the Berkeley folk subscribe to one thread instead of looking for many.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen S
United States
CA
flag msg tools
mb
majicbaby wrote:
WereSloth wrote:

Another good idea. This would let the Berkeley folk subscribe to one thread instead of looking for many.

Love it! This will be so!

Now to figure out a fancy name for it...

Board Games of Berkeley

Berkeley Board Events

Board Game Geek Events of Berkeley

Games in Berkeley...

... this might take some time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Collins
United States
San Francisco
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm very surprised that no one from the Berkeley Boardgamers has commented on this thread. They DO have a presence here, as there's a microbadge for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.