Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Steve
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone make a video on how to play this game? The rules really suck. From reading here on the forum I have a general idea on how to play the game. I just do not know where to place the cards and how to place damage on what. Also there is a diagram on first page of rules which show setup cards above the maps. Where in the rules does it even mention those set up cards in the upper right hand side above the maps? Are those the card you choose from when you create your action plan for your opponent to guess? Why are they staggered diagonally ? I would like to see someone who knows the rules play the game so that I could fully understand it.

Regards
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Yes, the rules are horrid. I and probably just about everyone else who has ever tried to play it ended up with a multitude of questions. Hence Ty Bomba's nine page FAQ I printed off from ComSimWorld back in 2008. Yet even it doesn't answer every question you'll have. Though it does help a great deal with specific card effects/timing.

As to where to place the cards on the table, that's one thing the diagram in the rules shows fairly clearly. As to allocating damage the rules suggest rotating the cards to show each hit. What I did was what the publisher should have done, I put 15-20 generic tokens in the box. I put one on a unit each time it takes a hit. (Three hits kills it.) As to your statement that the rules don't mention the cards in the upper right side of the diagram... those are the six attack plan cards. They're merely fanned out in the diagram so you can see there are six (flanking, overrun, encircle, siege, armored, motorized). Yes, these are the cards you chose when you attack.

Also, read the Example of a Player Turn on page 4 carefully. For only in it is the Pass option indicated. I say indicated, as even here its not mentioned per se (don't expect to see the word "pass"). But that's what is being done in the 10th paragraph of that long example.

Don't hold you breath waiting from a video of game play. That's never going to happen.

Yes, the rules are a complete train wreck. My favorite parts are the typos. What? The designer's computer didn't have a Spell Check button? And wasting a half page for a photo (of smoke), which could have been utilized better for more complete rules/examples of play.

I still play the game, but only if I have my FAQ nearby!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve
United States
Manalapan
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank You so much for clarifying some parts of the game. However , I still do not fully understand the 6 action ( Set Up cards) Those 6 cards that say set up: Attack plan which are going up on a diagonal in diagram are used for the players attack plan when you have the other person guessing? I do not get that part? So those cards are face down and I choose one( and don't know what it is till I choose it? That's kinda random , isn't it? If they are face up then the opposing person sees what I'm choosing and then could easily guess it. I don't understand this at all. Do you reuse those cards over and aver again when you call the attack? Please clarify this for me because I'm clueless.

Regards
Steve

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Ward
United States
Fort Worth
Texas
flag msg tools
Adding Attack Plans - See the Battles section of the rules, specifically step 5 Order of Attack.

The attacker always begins with the Armored and Motorized plans. The other four types can be added (or subtracted) depending on cards played in that step.

Let's say the attacker begins by playing a card with Siege at the bottom. That adds the Siege attack plan card to his plans (which now total three). Ah, but then the defender gets a chance to respond to that. He plays a card with an attack plan which has already been added to nullify it. So if he plays a card with Motorized at the bottom. That will remove the Motorized attack plan card from those available to the attacker. Then the attacker plays a card with Motorized at the bottom, which cancels the defenders attempt to nullify this plan. This back and forth can go on for some time as the attacker attempts to add more attack plans and the defender tries to nullify them. Eventually one player will quit playing cards, either because he's run out or he decided to stop. At that point the attacker will have some number of attack plans left. Let's say it ends up the attacker having Armored, Encircle, and Overrun. He then secretly picks one of these, lays it face down on the table and the defender guesses which one of the three it is. If he guesses correctly the attack fails. If he's wrong the attack carries and the hits are allocated to the defender's units per the actual attack plan.

Once again, you really need to read that Example of Play on the back page, for it shows all I've spoken of above and more.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.