Brian Bankler
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
"Keep Summer Safe!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I asked this in a seperate thread, but it was an old thread and I figured people may want to search.

If you have a card/status that lets you batttle an 'additional unit in a same or adjacent space' and you battle a unit in space A, and the defender gives up an air force as a reaction, can you battle the exact same unit again as the additional unit?

(In my mind, 'additional' implies 'different,' but it's close).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Phil McDonald
England
Staffordshire
UK
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes you can. The only thing you have to watch out for is that if you attack an additional unit in an adjacent space you still have to have one of your own valid units adjacent to it.

The aircraft becomes the unit you first battled if the defender chooses to lose it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tominko boarder
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Got my Airmarshal yesterday.How to use RAF response card when I do sea battle:Land unit+air force against Navy+air force?Do I have to play response card after the sea battle card has been shown or I can''get rid of the planes''first and play it after?(after attacker used the air force against Navy)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Think of using the Air Force on Defense as a Reaction. So you have a choice, when your Navy is attacked, to use either your Air Force or your Response Card. If the Navy is removed because you choose not to use either your card or your Air Force, then the Air Force needs to immediately Relocate.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tominko boarder
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Ok,I want to use the response card,what is going to happen to my air force?Are both units,after using RAF card,save in the sea zone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tominko boarder
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tominko wrote:
Ok,I want to use the response card what is going to happen to my air force?Are both units,after using RAF card,save in the sea zone?

You know the card says..''don't remove the NAVY''..but what about the AIR force?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You're over thinking it. The Navy is ALWAYS the target. The Air Force is fine. You always target a Navy or Army. An Air force can be used instead. An Air Force that is alone is a space must relocate. Don't think of a battle targeting the Air Force.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tominko boarder
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
That's clear,got it,thanks.

I would like to ask you about one more thing or situation.Is it ok to play Land Battle like this:

Unit + Air force against another unit + Air force,
playing LAND BATTLE to remove the unit,defender using Air Defense reaction(so plane's gone) then attacker using Air Attack reaction(another plane's gone)to remove the enemy unit left in the space,but the enemy says NO because he's got RAF response card.So the result of the battle is one unit left on each side.

I know as you wrote that I can save both with that response card but what if I want to reduce his strength(because maybe I have Land battle card in my hand,or Deploy the Air force card,so I can afford to lose the Air force).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tominko boarder
United Kingdom
Hull
Yorkshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
tominko wrote:
That's clear,got it,thanks.

I would like to ask you about one more thing or situation.Is it ok to play Land Battle like this:

Unit + Air force against another unit + Air force,
playing LAND BATTLE to remove the unit,defender using Air Defense reaction(so plane's gone) then attacker using Air Attack reaction(another plane's gone)to remove the enemy unit left in the space,but the enemy says NO because he's got RAF response card.So the result of the battle is one unit left on each side.

I know as you wrote that I can save both with that response card but what if I want to reduce his strength(because maybe I have Land battle card in my hand,or Deploy the Air force card,so I can afford to lose the Air force).

I think the answer is NO,it isn't ok to play like that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Brody
United States
Woodstock
New York
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The answer is Yes, you can, not No. I think it would be helpful if you re-read the reaction rules in the Air Marshal booklet, as well as the examples of play. This precise example is shown, but these rules clearly cover this situation.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.