Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Title says all. Wasn't it supposed to be released right after Gen Con?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caryl Tan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We just got our stock today and it's streetdated for the 15th in Canada. US can't be far behind since I saw a US distributor posting that they were starting to ship now too.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QuicheGames wrote:
We just got our stock today and it's streetdated for the 15th in Canada. US can't be far behind since I saw a US distributor posting that they were starting to ship now too.
Awesome news! Thanks for the heads-up QuicheGames!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
QuicheGames wrote:

Is that August 15? like, tomorrow? Thanks for the info!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
rmaia wrote:
QuicheGames wrote:

I can only hope! But I haven't seen any online GS updating their estimated dates so far...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Caryl Tan
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
rmaia wrote:
QuicheGames wrote:

Yes! the 15th as in TOMORROW!

Our store will be able to put our product live at midnight--any other canadian retailer that got theirs in stock has to adhere to waiting until the 15th as well to put the game on their shelves or remove pre-order tags on their webstore.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Juan Crespo
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
QuicheGames wrote:
rmaia wrote:
QuicheGames wrote:

Our store will be able to put our product live at midnight--any other canadian retailer that got theirs in stock has to adhere to waiting until the 15th as well to put the game on their shelves or remove pre-order tags on their webstore.
Apparently, this was only true for Canadian retailers. All US based online stores still have it as a pre-order as of today, August 16. What's up with this uncoordinated North American release? Could it be customs related?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Derek Thompson
United States
Marion
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
juanma99 wrote:
QuicheGames wrote:
rmaia wrote:
QuicheGames wrote:

Apparently, this was only true for Canadian retailers. All US based online stores still have it as a pre-order as of today, August 16. What's up with this uncoordinated North American release? Could it be customs related?

Asmodee's NA branch is based in Quebec, makes sense Canada gets it first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If anyone can post updates when they see this game available in the States, or delivered from an OLGS, I'd appreciate it! I've heard that this game has been in stock for a long while so I'm not sure why the delay to release it. It's still listed as a preorder on all game stores with a late August, early September release date.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Dyer
United States
Watertown
Connecticut
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
If anyone can post updates when they see this game available in the States, or delivered from an OLGS, I'd appreciate it! I've heard that this game has been in stock for a long while so I'm not sure why the delay to release it. It's still listed as a preorder on all game stores with a late August, early September release date.

Seconded. My copy of Discoveries is currently holding up a friend's order. When I saw it released in Canada on 8/15, I was hoping that within a week it would be out in the U.S. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Todd_22 wrote:
TyDeL wrote:

Seconded. My copy of Discoveries is currently holding up a friend's order. When I saw it released in Canada on 8/15, I was hoping that within a week it would be out in the U.S. Any information is appreciated. Thank you.

Yup, I have an order that I'm super excited to get in my hands but it's held up by Disoveries which I was sure would be out by now.

It's really bizarre. I remember hearing all of these complaints from Europe and Canada about having to wait for GenCon because apparently the game was ready a month before. I assumed it would be a global release at GenCon, now it seems like they're making the States wait for Essen?! Makes no sense to me. If the game is ready and in people's hands, why do they keep delaying the street date?

I'm very tempted to cancel my order at this point.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I checked with a couple of the big retailers in the States, no one has a firm date like Canada and Europe had. They've just been told that the release date will be "sometime between now and the end of September."

If it could be potentially another month, I think I have to cancel my pending order and just hope I can get my hands on it sometime later in the year. Of course, it's probably going to get released as soon as I do this... so you guys can thank me later.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
TyDeL wrote:
I checked with a couple of the big retailers in the States, no one has a firm date like Canada and Europe had. They've just been told that the release date will be "sometime between now and the end of September."

yeah might have to pull out on my preorder too, so it doesn't hold everything else on that order back that long. Thanks for inquiring for us!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jim Psillas
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmb
I sent an email to ludonaute asking about a US release date. Just heard back from them this morning. They said, "Discoveries should be available very soon. I would say next week in most of shops."
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Kovatch
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Amazon.com shows this as being released on August 27th (Thursday).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyler DeLisle
United States
Richardson
TX
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Great news, thanks guys! I held off canceling my pre-order as I went away on a short vacation. Was just double checking today before pulling it. Looks like I'll hold out a little longer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rafael Maia
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
it's showing in stock at amazon, but also: "Estimated Delivery Date: Sept. 28 - Oct. 9 when you choose Standard at checkout." So I don't think it'll be available today

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls