Recommend
6 
 Thumb up
 Hide
20 Posts

One Night Ultimate Vampire» Forums » Rules

Subject: Epic Battles (Vampires vs. Villagers vs. Werewolves) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Silver now from beziergames.com
badge
Silver
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I've posted a video on YouTube that summarizes Epic Battles (see below), but here's the high level summary of how it works...and it works for as few as 3 players!

You can have Vampires, Villagers, and Werewolves (from One Night and Daybreak), in the same game.

If all three are in the game and active (i.e. actually in front of at least one player, not just in the center card group), at least two players will be killed during the vote: the player with the most votes and the player with the 2nd most votes (in this case 1 vote counts if it is the 2nd highest number). If there is a tie for most votes, only those tied for the most votes are killed. If there isn’t a tie for the most votes, and there is a tie for 2nd most votes, the person with the most votes is killed and those with the 2nd most votes are also killed. If it is determined that either Werewolves, Vampires, or Villagers were not in play (because those cards were in the center), then only the player(s) with the most votes (as long as they have at least 2) are killed. Both of the win conditions below must be fulfilled for each team to win:

Vampire Team: At least 1 Werewolf must be killed & No Vampires may be killed

Villager Team: At least 1 Vampire must be killed & At least 1 Werewolf must be killed

Werewolf Team: At least 1 Vampire must be killed & No Werewolves may be killed

In cases where all Werewolves, Vampires or village team members are in the center, winning conditions are normal, and only one player is killed.



The One Night Ultimate Vampire kickstarter is currently live...be sure to back to get all the great stretch goals (including additional roles) and Kickstarter-only items like a wooden collector's box and more!

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:

Werewolf Team: At least 1 Vampire must be killed & No Vampires Werewolves may be killed
A small typo there, I'm guessing.

Makes the game a little hard for werewolves otherwise.

(Edit: fixed.)
6 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drew Bowling
United States
Waterford
Michigan
flag msg tools
designer
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So how many players have to agree that all of the Vampires/Werewolves are in the center to change the way that death works?
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Moskop
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Miller4h9 wrote:
So how many players have to agree that all of the Vampires/Werewolves are in the center to change the way that death works?
That is the exact question I had. I wonder how that situation would go down. I would REALLY need to be convinced that either faction is totally in the middle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Miller4h9 wrote:
So how many players have to agree that all of the Vampires/Werewolves are in the center to change the way that death works?
It is checked after the vote, when the cards can be revealed to see if all of them are in the middle.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Greg Wilson
United Kingdom
Bristol
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So would you need to reveal the roles in the middle, flip cards and marks, and work out which roles people have copied or promoted to in order to find out which factions are in play, while still pointing at your vote target?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
I guess you would mark the people with the most votes and the ones with the second-most. You can then drop your hands.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Silver now from beziergames.com
badge
Silver
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
a1bert wrote:
I guess you would mark the people with the most votes and the ones with the second-most. You can then drop your hands.

This is it exactly. That's one of the reasons we've included the 1st/2nd most votes tokens.

Everyone's cards are displayed, and at that time, if there aren't Vampires + Villagers + Werewolves in front of players, it's just the player with the most votes who dies. If all three are present, its the 2 players with the most votes.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BlackSheep wrote:
So would you need to reveal the roles in the middle, flip cards and marks, and work out which roles people have copied or promoted to in order to find out which factions are in play, while still pointing at your vote target?
There are tokens which help you keep track of #1 and #2 vote getters (in theory, it can be a blood bath in the case of a like a 2-2-2-1 voting situation at, say, 7p; in that case, everyone dies).
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris
United States
Folsom
California
flag msg tools
badge
Someone on the internet is wrong!
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
a1bert wrote:
I guess you would mark the people with the most votes and the ones with the second-most. You can then drop your hands.

This is it exactly. That's one of the reasons we've included the 1st/2nd most votes tokens.

Everyone's cards are displayed, and at that time, if there aren't Vampires + Villagers + Werewolves in front of players, it's just the player with the most votes who dies. If all three are present, its the 2 players with the most votes.

Consider as a stretch goal - a player aid that can go on the table for epic battles stating the win conditions for each team.

Would be nice to be able to refer back to it.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Wallis
msg tools
mbmb
Sorry If I missed this, but if only one player has a werewolf card, but has the mark of the vampire, are the werewolves considered to be 'in play'?

From what I understand, I'm assuming the answer is no..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Silver now from beziergames.com
badge
Silver
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Tawn wrote:
Sorry If I missed this, but if only one player has a werewolf card, but has the mark of the vampire, are the werewolves considered to be 'in play'?

From what I understand, I'm assuming the answer is no..

You are correct - technically there is no one on the werewolf team in your example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kokken Tor
Norway
flag msg tools
mbmb
clydeiii wrote:
There are tokens which help you keep track of #1 and #2 vote getters (in theory, it can be a blood bath in the case of a like a 2-2-2-1 voting situation at, say, 7p; in that case, everyone dies).

Is not then only the 3 players with 2 votes each that are killed? Or did you mean something else with 2-2-2-1?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jorgen Peddersen
Australia
Sydney
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Yeah, I would assume that a tie for first place means the tied players count as the 2nd place too, so only the players with 2 votes would die in Clyde's example.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Not Todd This Space For Rent
United States
flag msg tools
I spent 200 GeekGold...
badge
...and all I got was this lousy overtext.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Yeah, I would assume that a tie for first place means the tied players count as the 2nd place too, so only the players with 2 votes would die in Clyde's example.

So if I understand this correctly, it is possible to have a 3-way tie in a 3 player game... and everyone dies and nobody wins?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Silver now from beziergames.com
badge
Silver
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cinderbike wrote:
Clipper wrote:
Yeah, I would assume that a tie for first place means the tied players count as the 2nd place too, so only the players with 2 votes would die in Clyde's example.

So if I understand this correctly, it is possible to have a 3-way tie in a 3 player game... and everyone dies and nobody wins?

If all three teams are present and everybody dies, the Village team member wins, because he met his winning condition of both a Vampire and Werewolf being killed.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Clyde W
United States
Washington
Dist of Columbia
flag msg tools
Red Team
badge
#YOLO
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Clipper wrote:
Yeah, I would assume that a tie for first place means the tied players count as the 2nd place too, so only the players with 2 votes would die in Clyde's example.
Oh yeah that might be the case, I can't remember what the rules say exactly.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Itai Perez
France
Paris
Ile-de-France
flag msg tools
designer
Soon in retail !
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
So if the 2 people killed are villagers, nobody wins ?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ted Alspach
United States
Louisville
Tennessee
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Preorder Silver now from beziergames.com
badge
Silver
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Itai wrote:
So if the 2 people killed are villagers, nobody wins ?

That is correct.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff C
Canada
Victoria
BC
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toulouse wrote:
Tawn wrote:
Sorry If I missed this, but if only one player has a werewolf card, but has the mark of the vampire, are the werewolves considered to be 'in play'?

From what I understand, I'm assuming the answer is no..

You are correct - technically there is no one on the werewolf team in your example.

Which thematically, makes me wonder what an Abomination card would do...count as both a werewolf and vampire, and open eyes with the werewolves?

muhahahhahahhaa!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls